CPI-M accuses Mamata Banerjee of violating poll codeSeptember 2nd, 2011 - 11:28 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 2 (IANS) The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) Friday accused West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee of violating the poll code during a rally Aug 28 ahead of the by-election from the Bhawanipore assembly constituency.
The CPI-M has sent a written complaint to the Election Commission of India (ECI), accusing Banerjee of promising jobs to students and youths at a rally in Kolkata.
Banerjee, a Lok Sabha member, is seeking to enter the state assembly through the Sep 25 by-poll.
The Election Commission Aug 25 announced by-elections to West Bengal’s Bhowanipore assembly seat and Basirhat Uttar constituency in North 24-Parganas.
State PWD Minister and Trinamool Congress state chief Subrata Bakshi, who won from Bhowanipore, quit the seat to make way for Banerjee.
- Left pits woman professor against Mamata - Sep 01, 2011
- Mamata to fight Bhowanipore assembly seat Sep 25 (Lead) - Aug 25, 2011
- 50 percent voting in Mamata bypoll - Sep 25, 2011
- Mamata' looks clear favourite in by-election (Curtain raiser) - Sep 24, 2011
- Over 51 percent vote in Kolkata South by-poll - Nov 30, 2011
- CPI-M student leader to contest Kolkata South by-poll - Nov 03, 2011
- Mamata wins by-poll, Trinamool snatches Basirhat-Uttar - Sep 28, 2011
- Mamata's pet Lok Sabha seat goes to polls - Nov 29, 2011
- Trinamool workers canvass door-to-door for 'Didi' - Sep 11, 2011
- Three victories for Mamata on golden Wednesday - Sep 28, 2011
- Mamata to contest from Bhawanipore assembly seat - Aug 19, 2011
- Trinamool retains Kolkata South with massive margin - Dec 04, 2011
- Trinamool fields Subrata Bakshi for Lok Sabha by-poll - Nov 02, 2011
- Millions vote in by-polls in six states (Roundup) - Nov 30, 2011
- Bypoll to South Kolkata Lok Sabha seat Nov 30 - Nov 01, 2011
Tags: assembly seat, bakshi, chief minister, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, constituency, CPI, election commission of india, election commission of india eci, elections, lok sabha member, mamata banerjee, poll code, pwd minister, rally, state assembly, state chief, subrata, trinamool congress, west bengal