CPI leader gets taste of loan recovery agents’ methodsSeptember 9th, 2011 - 8:27 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 9 (IANS) Communist Party of India (CPI) leader R. Nallakannu Friday got a taste of the tactics employed by loan recovery agents of a private bank when he was forced to get down from the car he was travelling in for non-payment of dues by the owner.
According to party officials, Nallakannu was returning in a car after attending a wedding on the city outskirts. The car was stopped by an eight-member group near the Loyola College here and he was forced to get down from the vehicle. The gang then took the car keys and left the spot.
In a statement issued here, CPI’s state secretary D. Pandian denied media reports that Nallakannu was assaulted for protesting illegal mining of sand.
“Nallakannu was taken in a tourist taxi to attend the wedding. As the loan dues were not paid, the car was stopped. He was taken ahead in another car,” Pandian said.
- Rajnikanth's daughter Soundarya marries industrialist - Sep 03, 2010
- Jayalalithaa condoles legislator's death - Apr 01, 2012
- Railway cops abduct Chinese tourist, dump her in field (Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Normal life hit in Bengal, but high attendance at secretariat (Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- Two railway cops held for abducting tourist (Second Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Three railway cops held for abducting tourist (Third Lead) - May 03, 2011
- Mamata urges people to foil strike, CPI-M says it will be a success - Feb 27, 2012
- Sand mafia kingpin arrested - Mar 11, 2012
- Indian taxi drivers scared to drive in Australia - Jun 19, 2012
- CPI to fight Tamil Nadu local polls with DMDK - Sep 28, 2011
- Investor friendly Gujarat woos American businesses - Jul 10, 2012
- Maoists kill former CPI-M supporter in Bengal - Apr 02, 2011
- Official attacked by sand mafia in Maharashtra - May 04, 2012
- Boxing champion among gang caught with arms in Punjab - Jan 18, 2012
- Air Force official murder case solved, four arrested - Jan 24, 2012