CP shootout case: apex court confirms cop’s life sentenceMay 2nd, 2011 - 12:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 2 (IANS) The Supreme Court Monday dismissed the appeal by former Delhi assistant commissioner of police (ACP) S.S. Rathi and others, undergoing life imprisonment for the killing of two people in a shootout in the capital’s Connaught Place area in 1997.
Two people, Jagjit Singh and Pardeep Goel, were killed and another was injured in a shootout led by then Delhi ACP S.S. Rathi on March 31, 1997.
The matter was initially investigated by Delhi Police, but later handed over to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). Rathi and his three other associates were awarded life imprisonment by the special CBI court.
Their sentencing and conviction was upheld by the Delhi High Court, against which they appealed before the apex court.
- CP shootout case: Supreme Court confirms cops' life sentences (Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Home ministry to answer in CP shootout: Court - Jan 13, 2011
- 15-day parole to police official in 1997 Connaught Place killing - Jun 15, 2011
- Delhi staged shootout: Rs.15 lakh for victims' families - Jul 04, 2011
- CP shootout case: Supreme Court upholds life sentence for 10 policemen - May 02, 2011
- Delhi staged shootout: Rs.15 lakh each for two victims' kin - Jul 04, 2011
- Court notice for more relief for shootout victim's kin (Lead) - Dec 07, 2011
- Connaught Place shootout: life term for 10 cops upheld - Sep 18, 2009
- Widow of 1997 Delhi shootout victim seeks Rs.2 crore damages - Jul 30, 2010
- SC issues notice to CBI on Pappu Yadav's bail plea (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Convicted Delhi policeman gets parole to study law - Mar 15, 2010
- SC upholds life for former MP Anand Mohan (Second Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Ishrat Jahan case: apex court upholds special probe team - Nov 12, 2010
- Apex court upholds life for former MP Anand Mohan - Jul 10, 2012
- Graham Staines killing: Convict's bail plea hearing adjourned - Oct 20, 2010
Tags: acp, apex, apex court, assistant commissioner, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, commissioner of police, connaught place, conviction, cop, delhi high court, delhi police, goel, life imprisonment, life sentence, New Delhi, pardeep, rathi, supreme court