Cousin held for siblings’ murder (Lead)January 4th, 2012 - 12:10 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 3 (IANS) A cousin of a young woman and her brother, both found murdered in their house in central Delhi, has been arrested for the killings, police said Tuesday, adding that a property dispute was the motive behind the crime.
The bodies of Shivani, 23, and Vishal alias Kaku, 19, were found in their house in Ranjit Nagar Monday.
The victims’ cousin Gaurav alias Ginny, 22, who runs a car accessories shop at Arya Samaj Road, Karol Bagh, was arrested Monday evening.
“After questioning relatives and neighbours of the victims and Sudhir Kumar, uncle of the deceased, we got suspicious about Gaurav,” Additional Commissioner of Police D.C. Srivastava said.
Ajay Arora, who resides at the first floor of house number 3341 with their murdered children, had informed police that his children had been killed.
“The victims were shifted to B.L. Kapoor hospital by the neighbours and their father but were declared dead,” Srivastava said.
During investigation, it came to light that Ajay Arora was living in his ancestral property and his elder brother Sudhir Kumar was staying on the second floor of the same house.
“It was found that Sudhir Kumar along with his family members had gone to Himachal Pradesh on a religious trip. Only his younger son, Gaurav had stayed back in Delhi,” said the official.
Sudhir revealed during questioning that Gaurav was not satisfied with the division of the parental property between him and his brother Ajay and always sulked about the same.
Gaurav, who was found absconding from his house, was detained later and during interrogation he told police that he was not satisfied with the property division as his uncle got a larger share in the property.
“To take revenge from his uncle, he shot his cousins with an illegal pistol and took away some jewellery from the house and ransacked the house to give it a look of robbery,” added the official.
The weapon of offence and the robbed articles have been recovered from Todapur Road.
- Cousin, uncle held for siblings' murder - Jan 03, 2012
- Businessman's guard arrested for opening fire - Nov 17, 2011
- Two shot dead in Gurgaon - Jul 12, 2012
- SP leader's son shot dead in Ghaziabad - Aug 12, 2012
- Vigilance inquiry against four policemen - Mar 30, 2011
- Man shoots himself - Feb 19, 2011
- Five murders in Delhi - Jul 08, 2011
- MBA student shoots cousin dead, kills himself - Apr 03, 2011
- Elderly woman found dead in her Delhi flat - Jun 20, 2012
- Seven people beheaded at Brazilian farm - May 01, 2012
- Two farmers murdered in Ghaziabad - Aug 29, 2010
- Man holds wife, in-laws hostage for not paying dowry - May 07, 2012
- Man stabs his sister on suspicion of witchcraft - Oct 01, 2011
- Man kills brother, sister-in-law over property dispute - Jul 13, 2010
- Delhi man given life term for killing neighbour - Apr 12, 2011
Tags: accessories shop, ancestral property, arora, car accessories, central delhi, commissioner of police, elder brother, interrogation, karol bagh, killings, neighbours, offence, pistol, property dispute, ranjit, robbery, shivani, srivastava, vishal, younger son