Court upholds life term for mother, daughter for honour killingMarch 13th, 2009 - 11:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 13 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Friday upheld the life term for a woman and her daughter who in a honour killing stabbed to death the woman’s other daughter who was unmarried but pregnant.
A division bench of Justices Pradeep Nandrajog and Aruna Suresh upheld the life imprisonment of Darshana and her daughter Rajani and stated, “It is our social thinking that forces Indian community to take such drastic steps of killing family members.”
“The duo had taken this step to save their family’s respect in society and killed their own blood,” said the bench.
According to the prosecution, the duo killed Raji, 20, while she was asleep during the night of April 16, 2002, in Uttam Nagar here when the girl’s father was away in Punjab to attend a wedding.
A total of 50 knife wounds were found on the body of the deceased.
The trial court had found the two guilty and sentenced them to life imprisonment in 2004.
- Honour killing: Court upholds life term to father - Jun 29, 2010
- High court upholds life for one in MAMC gang rape (Lead) - Feb 08, 2010
- 95-year-old woman gets life term for killing daughter-in-law - Oct 18, 2011
- Court upholds life sentence of man for killing wife - Mar 26, 2009
- Court quashes man's life term for dowry death - Oct 27, 2011
- Woman gets lifer for killing newborn daughter - Mar 13, 2010
- Court upholds life term to man for killing woman - Aug 25, 2009
- CP shootout case: Supreme Court confirms cops' life sentences (Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Court awards 10-year jail to man for killing wife - Aug 08, 2012
- SC upholds life for former MP Anand Mohan (Second Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Court upholds life sentence of former MCD councillor (Lead) - Aug 27, 2009
- Delhi man, mother get life terms in dowry death case - Mar 11, 2010
- Court upholds man's life term for killing wife - Mar 21, 2010
- Court upholds life term for man who raped, killed daughter - Oct 23, 2011
- Why shouldn't you get death, apex court asks killer of five - Sep 03, 2011