Court to rule Friday on N.D. Tiwari paternity suitSeptember 22nd, 2011 - 10:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 22 (IANS) The Delhi High Court will rule Friday on veteran Congress leader N.D. Tiwari’s plea that he cannot be compelled to give a DNA sample in a paternity suit by a man claiming to be his biological son.
Tiwari’s counsel cited several Supreme Court judgments to argue that his client “can’t be compelled to give blood sample or undergo any other test like narco-analysis”.
He further submitted that Tiwari could not be pressured into giving even his nail, hair and skin samples the clinching test.
Counsel for claimant Rohit Shekhar (31), however, urged the court to ensure that the 85-year-old leader complied with the directive of a single-judge bench of the high court, later upheld by its division bench and, subsequently, the Supreme Court.
He alleged that Tiwari was indulging in “gross misuse of process of law”. Tiwari has scant regard for the court’s order Rohit contended.
Earlier, Justice Gita Mittal also pulled up Tiwari for refusing to either admit or deny, through an affidavit, the authenticity of more than 100 of his photographs with Rohit and his mother, Ujjwala Sharma, submitted to the court.
Tiwari made light of the photographs, saying he was a public figure who got photographed without prior notice and he could not be expected to recall all the pictures.
Tiwari had filed his application opposing the order of the court’s joint registrar to appear in the high court dispensary June 1 to give his blood sample for the DNA test.
- Tiwari's refusal to give DNA sample unjustified: Court - Sep 23, 2011
- Tiwari asked to furnish blood sample on Saturday (Lead) - May 21, 2012
- Tiwari restrained from leaving India until DNA test - May 14, 2012
- 'Son' moves court for early DNA test on N.D. Tiwari - May 10, 2012
- Paternity suit: Court allows use of force against Tiwari (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Paternity suit: Tiwari gets a day to undergo DNA test - Feb 07, 2011
- Tiwari must give blood sample for DNA test, rules court (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Tiwari moves court to keep his DNA test report confidential - Jul 26, 2012
- DNA test out, N.D. Tiwari is Rohit Shekhar's father (Second Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- I can't be forced to give DNA test sample: N.D. Tiwari (Lead) - Jun 01, 2011
- Enough is enough, apex court tells N.D. Tiwari (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- N.D. Tiwari to undergo DNA test (Lead) - Feb 10, 2011
- Court notice to N.D. Tiwari on paternity suit - Dec 01, 2011
- Court warns Tiwari for refusing to give blood sample - Jul 28, 2011
- Tiwari must give blood sample for DNA test, says court - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: affidavit, authenticity, biological son, blood sample, claimant, congress leader, delhi high court, dispensary, division bench, dna test, gita, gross misuse, hair and skin, mittal, New Delhi, paternity suit, scant regard, shekhar, skin samples, supreme court judgments