Court to decide on terror charges against Ghandy April 30April 24th, 2012 - 10:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 24 (IANS) A Delhi court Tuesday reserved till April 30 its order on framing terror charges against Maoist leader Kobad Ghandy.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav said the court will decide on April 30 whether terror charges could be framed against Ghandy. The court will decide whether the fresh sets of charges filed against Ghandy contained the proper sanction to prosecute him for terror charges.
The Delhi police in this case moved an application seeking prosecution of Ghandy under the terror charges after a sessions court discharged Ghandy from terror charges due to lack of proper sanction.
Additional Sessions Judge Pawan Kumar Jain did not frame charges against Ghandy under the stringent Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA) due to lack of proper sanction March 28.
The sessions court March 28 paved the way for trial of Ghandy and for co-accused Arvind Joshi for cheating, forgery and impersonation and directed the magistrate court to hear the case.
According to police, Ghandy was involved in setting up a new network of the banned outfit Communist Party of India-Maoist in Delhi. He was arrested here Sep 20, 2009 while undergoing treatment for cancer.
-Indo-Asian News Service
- Kobad Ghandy to face trial under terror charges (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Terror charge plea against Ghandy to come up April 9 - Mar 31, 2012
- Court accepts terror charges against Kobad Ghandy (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Fresh plea to prosecute Ghandy under terror charges - Mar 30, 2012
- Maoist Kobad Ghandy to stand trial for cheating (Second Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Maoist Kobad Ghandy to stand trial for cheating (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Court allows Ghandy to compare two charge sheets - May 15, 2012
- Dropping terror charges against Ghandy hailed - Mar 28, 2012
- Fresh chargesheet filed against Maoist Kobad Ghandy - Mar 23, 2012
- Kobad Ghandy's medical treatment plea rejected - Apr 08, 2010
- Court sends Kobad Ghandy aide to police custody - Mar 19, 2010
- Kobad Ghandy's trial to start April 15 - Apr 09, 2010
- Cancelling Andhra court bail to Kobad Ghandy meaningless: SC - Jul 27, 2012
- Supreme Court stays Kobad Ghandy's bail (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Rajendra Sethia trial to run on daily basis, rules apex court - May 18, 2012
Tags: akk, april 24, arvind, asian news, communist party of india, delhi court, delhi police, forgery, frame charges, ghandy, impersonation, jain, joshi, magistrate court, maoist, pawan kumar, prevention act, sanction, terror charges, undergoing treatment