Court summons Aamir in copyright violation caseApril 15th, 2008 - 8:03 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 15 (IANS) A city court Tuesday summoned Bollywood actor and producer Aamir Khan to depose as witness in a seven-year-old case of violation of copyright in connection with his blockbuster movie “Lagaan”. Metropolitan Magistrate Jagdish Kumar issued summons to Aamir Khan for Feb 10, 2009.
The court had last year issued summons to the actor asking him to appear Tuesday, but he failed to do so.
The case pertains to the seizure of seven VCDs of the 2001 release “Lagaan” and 34 of “Gadar” by the Delhi Police during a raid on the shop of accused Risabh Chawla in Lajpat Rai market here on June 22, 2001.
Anil Malhotra, the complainant in the case, told the court that he had the copyright of these two films.
Aamir was made a witness as “Lagaan” was produced under his banner M/s Aamir Khan Productions Private Limited in Mumbai.
Police filed a case against Chawla under Section 63 of the Copyright Act.
- The year Aamir, Farhan changed Bollywood creativity - Jul 26, 2011
- Aamir celebrates a decade of 'Lagaan' in style - Jun 16, 2011
- Khan is all Praises for Khan In Bollywood - Aug 17, 2010
- Post Aamir, Rajasthan for policy to save girl child - May 11, 2012
- Aamir Khan goes bold with 'Delhi Belly' (IANS Preview) - Jun 28, 2011
- Glimpses Of Kiran Rao's Dhobi Ghat - Aug 17, 2010
- Aamir Khan to meet Gehlot over female foeticide - May 09, 2012
- Bollywood actor Aamir Khan celebrates 47th birthday - Mar 14, 2011
- Ram Gopal Varma's Rann Moved Ahead For Veer - Dec 19, 2009
- Former Teesta Setalvad aide earns court ire for false evidence - Dec 03, 2010
- Named in riots case after 16 years: Sajjan Kumar - Aug 14, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Shinde summoned as witness - May 02, 2011
- Post 'Satyamev Jayate' Aamir to meet Gehlot - May 07, 2012
- Adarsh probe: Two former chief ministers summoned - May 11, 2011
- 'Dhobi Ghat' makes it official - Aamir Khan is different! - Jan 22, 2011