Court stays fine imposed on Delhi airport operatorMay 30th, 2011 - 10:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Mya 30 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Monday stayed a Central Information Commission (CIC) order imposing a fine of Rs.2,000 on Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) for misrepresenting the panel’s 2007 order.
“The CIC should not take fine from DIAL till the matter is pending before this court,” said Justice S. Muralidhar.
Meanwhile, the court has fixed Sep 1 as the next date for hearing the petition filed by DIAL challenging the CIC order which had declared it a public undertaking and had later refused to review its order.
CIC, in 2007, had declared DIAL a public authority while hearing an application under the Right to Information Act by applicant Anil Heble.
DIAL had declined to provide Heble the information he sought, contending it was not a public authority created by an act of parliament and hence did not fall under ambit of the transparency law.
However, in 2009, another applicant, S.P. Rathi, approached DIAL but the company again declined to entertain his plea saying it was not a public authority and it haf already filed a review petition before the CIC against the panel’s earlier order declaring it a public body.
After Rathi approached the CIC, the panel imposed a fine of Rs.2,000 on DIAL in April 2011, saying it had misled the information seeker.
- Is CIC empowered to prosecute for perjury? Court issues notice - Dec 23, 2011
- Apex court restores powers of transparency panel chief - Oct 18, 2010
- Government gets notice on information panel vacancies (Lead) - Dec 14, 2011
- Delhi transit system comes under RTI Act: High court - Jul 08, 2012
- Ex-judge moves high court over complaint against him - Feb 01, 2011
- Court stays information panel's order on banks (Lead) - Dec 08, 2011
- Government gets Delhi High Court contempt notice - May 09, 2012
- 'Penalty imposed for denial of information unjustified' - Dec 17, 2010
- Court stays order to provide Tehelka report to Fernandes - Jul 22, 2011
- No disclosure of names of donors to PM's relief fund: Court - Jul 06, 2012
- Donations by president: Information panel's order stayed - May 29, 2012
- Hasten appointments in transparency panel: Court (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: Magistrate's order set aside (Second Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Give copies of remand application to Kazmi: Court - May 25, 2012
- Kazmi urges resumption of hearing in sessions court - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: act of parliament, airport operator, ambit, cic, delhi airport, delhi high court, delhi international, information commission, information seeker, mya, New Delhi, parliament, petition, plea, public undertaking, rathi, right to information act, rs 2, transparency