Court slams N.D. Tiwari over affidavit (Lead)July 14th, 2011 - 6:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 14 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Thursday slammed veteran Congress leader N.D. Tiwari for his affidavit that stated no person could be compelled to give a blood sample for DNA test in a paternity suit.
Justice Gita Mittal said: “Your affidavit does not comply with the court’s direction. I have directed your client (Tiwari) to file his personal affidavit, mentioning his denial for giving his blood sample for DNA test.”
“Instead of giving reasons for his denial, in his affidavit the politician said as per various Supreme Court judgments no person can be forced to give his blood sample against his will during a court proceeding,” said the court.
The 87-year-old Congress leader said in the affidavit, filed Thursday morning, that he was an old man who was “protected” by various judgments and also had an unblemished record of service to the nation.
The paternity suit against Tiwari has been filed by 31-year-old Rohit Shekhar, who claims to be the politician’s biological son.
- Paternity suit: Court slams N.D. Tiwari on affidavit (Second Lead) - Jul 14, 2011
- Tiwari files personal affidavit in paternity suit - Jul 14, 2011
- N.D. Tiwari gets contempt of court notice - Sep 27, 2011
- Court warns Tiwari for refusing to give blood sample - Jul 28, 2011
- N.D. Tiwari refuses to give blood sample for paternity test - Jul 21, 2011
- Court issues contempt notice to N.D. Tiwari - Jul 11, 2011
- Court slams Tiwari for avoiding test (Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- Court to rule Friday on N.D. Tiwari paternity suit - Sep 22, 2011
- Paternity row: court slams N.D. Tiwari - Jul 07, 2011
- Enough is enough, apex court tells N.D. Tiwari - May 01, 2012
- Court refuses to hear appeal against Tiwari - Nov 15, 2011
- Tiwari asked to furnish blood sample on Saturday (Lead) - May 21, 2012
- Tiwari must give blood sample for DNA test, says court - Apr 27, 2012
- Paternity suit: Court allows use of force against Tiwari (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Paternity suit: Court reserves order on Tiwari's plea (Lead) - Aug 02, 2011
Tags: affidavit, biological son, blood sample, congress leader, court proceeding, delhi high court, denial, dna test, gita, july 14, mittal, New Delhi, old congress, paternity suit, politician, shekhar, slams, supreme court judgments, thursday morning, unblemished record