Court sends Kobad Ghandy aide to police custodyMarch 19th, 2010 - 11:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 19 (IANS) Maoist leader Kobad Ghandy’s suspected associate Arvind Joshi, arrested from Kanpur by the Uttar Pradesh Police, was sent to police custody for 10 days by a city court Friday.
The court also extended the judicial custody of Ghandy till April 3.
Metropolitan Magistrate Ashu Garg sent Joshi to police custody after a production warrant was issued against him.
The Delhi Police contended that the accused had slipped away with the hard disk of a laptop seized from Ghandy on Sep 20 last year.
Police also claimed the accused acted as a key facilitator for Ghandy in establishing a Maoist base in Delhi and also helped him procure fake identity and PAN cards.
Police had chargesheeted Ghandy, accused of trying to set up a network of the banned outfit, under the stringent Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, besides booking him for cheating, forgery and impersonation.
An alumni of the prestigious Doon School, Ghandy was said to be part of the top leadership of erstwhile CPI-ML (People’s War Group) from 1981 and continued as a Central Committee member in CPI-Maoist.
- Kobad Ghandy to face trial under terror charges (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Court accepts terror charges against Kobad Ghandy (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Maoist Kobad Ghandy to stand trial for cheating (Second Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Dropping terror charges against Ghandy hailed - Mar 28, 2012
- Maoist Kobad Ghandy to stand trial for cheating (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Court to decide on terror charges against Ghandy April 30 - Apr 24, 2012
- Fresh plea to prosecute Ghandy under terror charges - Mar 30, 2012
- Terror charge plea against Ghandy to come up April 9 - Mar 31, 2012
- Delhi University lecturer quizzed on Maoist links - Apr 04, 2010
- Fresh chargesheet filed against Maoist Kobad Ghandy - Mar 23, 2012
- Court allows Ghandy to compare two charge sheets - May 15, 2012
- Judicial custody of Kobad Ghandy's aide extended - May 11, 2010
- Kobad Ghandy's medical treatment plea rejected - Apr 08, 2010
- Maoist leader Kobad Ghandy brought before Andhra court - Nov 20, 2009
- Kobad Ghandy's trial to start April 15 - Apr 09, 2010
Tags: arvind, central committee member, CPI, delhi police, doon school, facilitator, fake identity, forgery, ghandy, impersonation, joshi, judicial custody, kanpur, magistrate, maoist, march 19, pan cards, police custody, prevention act, uttar pradesh police