Court sends DDA scam arrested to police custodyJanuary 10th, 2009 - 8:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 10 (IANS) A Delhi court Saturday remanded to eight days police custody a former State Bank of India employee who was arrested in connection with the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) housing draw scam.Metropolitan Magistrate Vishal Singh granted the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of Delhi Police custody of Laxmi Narayan Meena till Jan 17. He is accused of applying for DDA flats in the name of other people by using forged documents.
Meena, a resident of Rajasthan’s Jhunjhunu, was arrested Friday after a man who was allotted a flat in the draw told the police that he had neither applied for a DDA flat nor had a PAN card.
Meena had allegedly applied for DDA flats under the names of several people in his village, the police told the court.
The investigating officer submitted that three other accused whose names cropped up in the probe - Deepak, Suresh and Narender - are yet to be arrested and Meena’s questioning was needed for this purpose.
The police have also seized the software used by DDA for the draw of lots for over 5,000 flats in the national capital and sent it to a forensic laboratory in Hyderabad to find out whether it was tampered with to help rig the draw.
A case under various provisions of the Indian Penal Code dealing with cheating by impersonation and forgery has been lodged.
- One more arrested in DDA housing scam - Jan 11, 2009
- One more arrested in DDA housing scam (Lead) - Jan 11, 2009
- Delhi Police file chargesheet in DDA housing scam - Apr 08, 2009
- DDA may begin flat allotment process next month - Aug 27, 2009
- DDA to allot flats in November after clean chit in scam - Oct 29, 2009
- Real estate agent held in DDA scam - May 21, 2009
- DDA given clean chit in housing scam - Aug 10, 2009
- Property dealer arrested in DDA housing scam - Mar 20, 2009
- We want to get to bottom of DDA scam: Delhi Police chief (Lead) - Jan 16, 2009
- After Rajasthan, police probe DDA scam roots in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 16, 2009
- Key financer held in DDA scam - Apr 28, 2009
- Key DDA scam financier remanded to police custody (Lead) - Feb 02, 2009
- Non-bailable warrants against two in DDA allotment scam - Jan 28, 2009
- Delhi Police makes first arrest in DDA scam - Jan 09, 2009
- DDA housing scam accused sent to judicial custody - Jan 18, 2009