Court seeks proof on plea against Digvijay SinghApril 3rd, 2012 - 8:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 3 (IANS) A man, who allegedly hurled a shoe at a Congress leader at a press conference here last year, was Tuesday told by a Delhi court to prove his allegation that he was beaten up by party leader Digvijay Singh after the incident.
Metropolitan Magistrate Jay Thareja listed the matter for April 21 and asked Sushil Kumar Sharma to give more proof to back his plea for registering a case against Digvijay Singh.
The court said that Sharma’s application did not have sufficient evidence to prove his allegation.
Sharma alleged that he was beaten up by Digvijay Singh and others at the venue of the press conference June 6, 2011 at a Congress office here. Sharma had allegedly tried to attack party spokesperson Janardan Dwivedi with a shoe. He was arrested.
Sharma’s counsel Mohit Saroha told the court that he hailed from Rajasthan’s Jhunjhunu district and had come to meet Mukul Wasnik, union minister and party affairs in-charge for Rajasthan, to lodge a complaint about the bad state of roads in his district.
- Court reserves order on lodging case against Digvijay - Mar 23, 2012
- Court dismisses case against Digvijay Singh - Apr 26, 2012
- Renuka, Alvi appointed Congress spokespersons - Aug 05, 2011
- Shoe attack pre-planned, shows RSS, BJP's desperation: Congress (Third Lead) - Jun 06, 2011
- Throwing footwear: A trend to showcase anger - Oct 18, 2011
- Shoe attack bid shows desperation in RSS, BJP: Congress (Second Lead) - Jun 06, 2011
- BJP condemns shoe attack bid - Jun 06, 2011
- No problem between Sonia Gandhi, PM: Congress spokesman - Dec 14, 2010
- 'Shoe attacker is not a journalist' - Jun 06, 2011
- Shoes thrown at others, Pawar first to be assaulted (Timeline) - Nov 24, 2011
- Shoe attack: Man threatens Congress leader (Lead) - Jun 06, 2011
- Sonia names new working committee, makes changes in key states (Second Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi appoints three drafting bodies for Burari AICC Plenary Session - Dec 10, 2010
- Sonia rejigs Congress Working Committee (Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- Digvijay Singh's statements benefit Pakistan: BJP - Jan 05, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,