Court seeks police report over attack on engineerFebruary 22nd, 2012 - 11:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 22 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday sought a status report from police on an alleged attack on a Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) engineer by unidentified people in central Delhi earlier this month.
Taking suo moto cognizance of media report, a division bench of Acting Chief Justice A.K. Sikri and Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw directed the police commissioner to file the report by March 24.
Executive Engineer Ansar Alam, 50, who was pressing for stricter action against illegal constructions was allegedly attacked by unidentified men near Rajghat Feb 9.
“Ansar Alam, the 50-year-old victim who is in the ICU of a Daryaganj hospital with 25 stitches on his head and multiple fractures in his right leg - appeared to be a chilling message from the Walled City’s builder mafia, whom the official had taken on after being drafted in the City zone to curb rampant illegal construction,” according to a national daily report.
- Abuse in orphanage: Court refuses to bar fresh probes - Feb 22, 2012
- Court demands explanations about orpahange excesses - Feb 15, 2012
- Court dismisses Delhi orphanage's plea - Feb 29, 2012
- Unauthorized construction: MCD must respond - Nov 02, 2011
- Court wants early meeting of panel on media - Mar 07, 2012
- Restart night shelters immediately: High court to Delhi government - Dec 13, 2011
- Delhi not to restore demolished night shelters - Dec 19, 2011
- Court notice over legislator's encroachment of DDA land - Feb 23, 2012
- High court takes note of milk adulteration in Delhi - Jan 11, 2012
- Mosque case: Petitioner seeks action against lawmaker - Jul 23, 2012
- Chandigarh man on MCD rolls surprises court (Lead) - Nov 09, 2011
- Ban uninsured vehicles, court urged - Sep 12, 2012
- Court notice to centre on diesel-run vehicles - Jul 19, 2012
- Notice to Delhi, central governments on unauthorised colonies - Feb 17, 2012
- Delhi High Court directs DDA to take encroached land back - May 02, 2012
Tags: alam, alleged attack, central delhi, chief justice, city zone, cognizance, delhi high court, division bench, executive engineer, illegal construction, illegal constructions, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, police commissioner, police report, rajghat, rajiv, sahai, unidentified men, walled city