Court seeks police report on ‘ink attack’ on Ramdev (Lead)February 1st, 2012 - 11:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 1 (IANS) A Delhi court has asked police to file a report by Feb 22 on an incident in which a man allegedly hurled black ink at yoga guru Baba Ramdev here last month.
Metropolitan Magistrate (MM) Jasjeet Kaur, in an order made available Wednesday, directed police to file a report on the incident in which a man identified as Kamran Siddiqui, who allegedly hurled black ink on Baba Ramdev, was beaten up by the yoga guru’s supporters.
The court direction came on an application filed by Siddiqui in court seeking prosecution of Ramdev and others for the offence of promoting enmity between different groups and related offences.
Siddiqui’s counsel Kamran Malik said: “It was an unfortunate event. Baba Ramadev had called the press conference for corruption but later he deviated from his topic.”
He added that Siddiqui had gone to the conference venue to take the autograph of Ramdev but due to rush his hand was jolted by people surrounding the yoga guru and the ink fell on Ramdev.
He said that Siddiqui’s act was unintentional.
Counsel alleged that Ramdev and and his supporters used offensive words against a community and assaulted Siddiqui.
Siddiqui sought the registration of a case against Ramdev and others for various offences, including attempt to murder.
- No proof of allegations against Ramdev: Police - Feb 22, 2012
- No proof of allegations against Ramdev: Police (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Omar condemns attack on Ramdev - Jan 14, 2012
- Ink attack stuns Ramdev, attacker faces mob fury (Roundup) - Jan 14, 2012
- Man throws ink at Ramdev after Batla House comment (Third Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- BJP condemns ink attack on Ramdev - Jan 14, 2012
- Ramdev attacker booked - Jan 14, 2012
- BJP demands criminal case against Chidambaram - Feb 24, 2012
- Parties, Team Anna condemn attack on Ramdev (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- Ramdev attack an RSS conspiracy: Digvijay Singh (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- Case against Ramdev: Court asks police to file reply - May 22, 2012
- Black ink thrown at Ramdev's face (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- Case against Ramdev: Court asks police to file reply (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Digvijay Singh faces complaint for Ramdev remark - Jan 19, 2012
- Hazare, Ramdev together in anti-graft fight: Team Anna - Jan 14, 2012
Tags: autograph, black ink, corruption, court direction, delhi court, enmity, ink attack, kaur, magistrate, malik, New Delhi, offence, offensive words, police report, prosecution, siddiqui, unfortunate event, yoga guru