Court seeks police report on action against Prashant BhushanJune 8th, 2012 - 10:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 8 (IANS) A court here Friday asked Delhi Police to file a report on what action they have taken on a complaint against lawyer and Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan for an allegedly seditious speech on Kashmir.
Metropolitan Magistrate Purshotam Pathak asked the Patel Nagar police station in central Delhi to file an action-taken report in the case by July 12.
The court was hearing a private complaint filed by a law student, Vibhor Anand, who is seeking directions from the court to register a case of sedition against Prashant Bhushan for his remarks on Kashmir made Sept 26, 2011.
The complainant said Bhushan made the comments with “a malafide intention and sole motive to create panic among the masses and to disturb the Constitutional set-up”.
“Prashant Bhushan openly and intentionally defied Indian government and its authority to administer state of Jammu and Kashmir and further brought the very Constitution of India into disrepute by questioning its writ in Kashmir in order to incite breach of peace and violence in Kashmir,” said Anand in his complaint.
Anand added that Bhushan made provocative statements, which were anti-national, mischievous and clearly intended to cause public disorder and uproar in Kashmir and other parts of the nation.
The law student, who runs an NGO providing legal aid to people, has also filed a case against another Team Anna member, Arvind Kejriwal, and yoga guru Baba Ramdev for making objectionable speeches to lower the reputation of parliament.
- Police file report against Prashant Bhushan - Sep 03, 2012
- Case against Ramdev: Court asks police to file reply (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Case against Ramdev: Court asks police to file reply - May 22, 2012
- Court order on plea against Kejriwal June 27 (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Court seeks police reply on plea against Kejriwal - Mar 17, 2012
- 'Was warned to withdraw complaint against Kejriwal' - Apr 11, 2012
- Can't act against Ramdev for Chhattisgarh speech: Delhi Police - Jun 22, 2012
- Ram Dev wants Prashant Bhushan to be booked for sedition - Oct 17, 2011
- Prashant Bhushan sticks to stand on Kashmir plebiscite - Oct 13, 2011
- Team Anna's allegations unfair, motivated: Pranab (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Pranab slams Team Anna, says allegations 'unfair' - Jun 18, 2012
- Explain sedition charges against cartoonist, court tells police - Sep 14, 2012
- Court seeks police report on complaint against Dikshit - Jun 08, 2012
- Cartoonist Trivedi gets bail, refuses to be freed till charges dropped (Second Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Kashmir integral part of India, says Kejriwal - Oct 14, 2011
Tags: anand, arvind kejriwal, bhushan, breach of peace, central delhi, complainant, constitution of india, delhi police, disrepute, indian government, jammu and kashmir, patel nagar, prashant, provocative statements, ramdev, sedition, sole motive, state of jammu and kashmir, uproar, yoga guru