Court sacks 18 Saibaba temple trusteesMarch 13th, 2012 - 5:39 pm ICT by IANS
Shirdi (Maharashtra), March 13 (IANS) In a jolt to the Maharashtra government, the Bombay High Court Tuesday sacked the 18 members of the Shirdi-based Shri Saibaba Sansthan Trust, a lawyer said.
The court’s Aurangabad bench comprising Justice Naresh Patil and T.V. Nalawade ordered the government to “appoint a new committee within 15 days, failing which the collector and other officials would take over as administrators”, lawyer R.N. Dhorde, representing the trust, told IANS.
The existing committee, which had a tenure of three years, had been managing the trust affairs for over seven years on an ad hoc basis as the government had failed to appoint a new committee, said a trust official, preferring anonymity.
Ranked as the second richest religious trust in the country with assets worth over Rs.19 billion, the powerful trust is the governing and administrative body of the world famous Shri Saibaba’s samadhi temple here and all other temples in this premises, and devotes itself towards development of Shirdi village and surroundings.
- Court sacks 18 Saibaba temple trustees (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Shirdi temple: new trustees appointed (Lead, changing dateline) - Mar 28, 2012
- Court stays new Shirdi temple board of trustees - Mar 30, 2012
- Shirdi temple: new trustees appointed - Mar 28, 2012
- Shirdi temple gets new trustees (Second Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Mumbai businessman offers silver throne for Shirdi Saibaba (With Image) - Mar 23, 2012
- Shutdown in Shirdi, villagers go on hunger strike - Apr 20, 2011
- Replica of Shirdi Sai Baba temple in Mumbai - Dec 14, 2011
- Saibaba Temple gets diamonds worth Rs.1.18 crore - Aug 01, 2012
- Shirdi trust moots action against 'duplicate' Sai temples - Nov 11, 2010
- Saibaba's sandals will not be taken to Britain - Aug 23, 2010
- Shirdi temple trust to honour Tendulkar - Apr 04, 2011
- Shirdi's Sai Baba temple goes green with solar steam cooking system - Oct 20, 2010
- Travelator to make Shirdi Sai Baba temple visit hassle-free - Nov 09, 2011
- Kerala temple could well be the richest in country - Jul 02, 2011
Tags: administrative body, anonymity, assets, aurangabad, bench, bombay high court, jolt, lawyer, maharashtra government, naresh, new committee, premises, sacks, samadhi temple, seven years, shirdi, shri saibaba, surroundings, temples, tenure