Court reserves order on Tejinder Singh’s plea (Lead)June 6th, 2012 - 9:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 6 (IANS) A Delhi court Wednesday reserved its order on Lt. Gen. (Retd) Tejinder Singh’s plea seeking the issuance of summons to former army chief Gen. V.K. Singh in a defamation case.
Metropolitan Magistrate Jay Thareja fixed June 8 for order on the retired army officer’s plea. “Put up for orders regarding summoning on June 8,” said the court.
The court meanwhile closed the judicial inquiry on this matter after Ministry of Defence under secretary R. Sunder appeared before the judge and submitted the file regarding the publication of a press release dated March 5 in which Gen. (Retd) V.K. Singh had made libellous statements against Lt. Gen. (Retd) Tejinder Singh.
Sunder told the court that he had brought the file, which the court had sought as per judicial inquiry in the matter after making the documents as privilege and non-privilege category.
The court then changed the proceedings of the court into in-camera proceedings. It also recorded the statements of Sunder as a witness in the case.
“The inquiry under section 202 (relating to postponement of issue of process) of the CrPC (Code of Criminal Procedure) is closed. The advocate for the complainant (Tejinder Singh) has submitted that he does not wish to re-argue the matter and wishes to adopt the arguments made on May 25, 2012,” the magistrate said.
Lt. Gen. (Retd) Tejinder Singh has requested the court to summon and initiate proceedings against the former army chief and others for allegedly making libellous statement against him in the media and accusing him of bribery.
Alleging that the officers misused their official position, power and authority to level false charges against him, Lt. Gen. (Retd) Tejinder Singh also named Army Vice Chief Lt. Gen. S.K. Singh, Director General Military Intelligence Lt. Gen. B.S. Thakur, Additional Director General Public Information Major Gen. S.L. Narsimhan and Directorate General of Public Information Staff Officer Lt. Col. Hitten Sawhney.
- Files sought in army chief defamation case - May 18, 2012
- Court summons former army chief in defamation case (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Suit against army chief shifted to another judge - May 07, 2012
- Court order May 18 on defamation case against army chief (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Court defers hearing against army chief - May 08, 2012
- Court summons former army chief in defamation case (Third lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Court reserves order on Tejinder Singh's plea - Jun 06, 2012
- Court reserves order on further probe in case against army chief - May 25, 2012
- Defamation case: V.K. Singh, four officers get bail - Jul 20, 2012
- Court order on plea against army chief April 26 - Apr 21, 2012
- Tejinder's plea against army chief sent to another court (Second Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Court summons former army chief in defamation case (Second Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Court to rule on summoning of army chief May 5 - Apr 26, 2012
- Tejinder's plea against army chief sent to another court (Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Court refuses to accept Tejinder Singh's plea - May 28, 2012
Tags: army chief, army officer, bribery, complainant, court reserves, defamation case, delhi court, director general, directorate general, false charges, judicial inquiry, magistrate, military intelligence, ministry of defence, position power, postponement, public information staff, staff officer, tejinder singh, vice chief