Court reserves order on Nupur Talwar’s bailMay 1st, 2012 - 1:47 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, May 1 (IANS) A special court hearing the bail plea of jailed dentist Nupur Talwar, the mother of murdered teenager Aarushi, Wednesday reserved its order after hearing arguments from her lawyers and those of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Nupur Talwar, who spent Monday night at the Dasna Jail, was not in court as her lawyers argued that she be given bail. Her husband, Rajesh Talwar, who is already out on bail, was not in court either as Special CBI Judge S. Lal heard the bail application.
The judge’s order is expected Tuesday afternoon.
Nupur Talwar’s lawyers argued that there was no scientific evidence against her in the twin murders of her 14-year-old daughter Aarushi and their domestic help Hemraj on May 16, 2008, at their Noida residence. While Aarushi’s body, with her throat slit, was discovered first, the body of Hemraj was found later from the terrace of the house.
If the main gate was bolted from outside, they said, how could the CBI justify its stance ruling out involvement of an outsider. The third point put forward was that Nupur Talwar was the mother of a child and she had bought her a camera just a day earlier.
The CBI argued that the Talwars had tampered with evidence.
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail order Wednesday (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail decision Wednesday (Second Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- In courts on daughter's fourth death anniversary - May 16, 2012
- Rajesh Talwar advanced Haridwar visit: Witness - Sep 05, 2012
- Gate of Talwars' flat was locked from outside: Maid - Sep 03, 2012
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Expert to face defence queries Aug 21 - Aug 16, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi case: Defence counters CBI on seized pillow - Aug 29, 2012
- SC notice to CBI on Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- SC orders release of Nupur Talwar on bail (Third Lead) - Sep 17, 2012
Tags: bail plea, cbi, central bureau of investigation, court reserves, dentist, domestic help, ghaziabad, lal, lawyers, monday night, murders, nupur, outsider, rajesh, talwar, teenager, throat slit, tuesday afternoon