Court reserves order on further probe in case against army chiefMay 25th, 2012 - 8:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) A Delhi court Friday reserved its order, for May 28, on further investigations in a defamation case filed by Lt. Gen. (retd) Tejinder Singh against Army chief Gen. V.K. Singh.
Metropolitan Magistrate Jay Thareja reserved his order after the retired army officer submitted a CD, which contains the visuals of the interview of the army chief.
Tejinder Singh’s counsel Anil Agarwal, while submitting the CD, told court that it contains the visuals of the interview given by army chief to a media house in which he has raised allegation of bribery against his client. He said that he is submitting this evidence to satisfy this court and support his case.
“Upon recording of the testimony of the complainant, the advocate for the complainant has submitted that there exist sufficient material for this court to proceed against the respondent,” said the court.
The court, in its last hearing, had decided to hold an inquiry for determining that existence of a criminal conspiracy and complicity amongst the respondent.
The court was hearing a plea filed by the retired army officer, who requested the court to summon and initiate proceedings against the army chief and others for allegedly making libellous statement against him in the media and accusing him of bribery.
The court, in its last hearing, asked the defence ministry to submit a file regarding a press release in which Gen. V.K. Singh had revealed that Lt. Gen. (retd) Tejinder Singh had offered him a bribe.
The case was transferred to Magistrate Thareja by a higher court after another magistrate earlier this month decided not to hear the case.
Alleging that the officers misused their official position, power and authority to level false charges against him, Tejinder Singh also named Army Vice Chief Lt. Gen. S.K. Singh, Director General Military Intelligence Lt. Gen. B.S. Thakur, Additional Director General Public Information Major Gen. S.L. Narsimhan and Directorate General of Public Information Staff Officer Lt. Col. Hitten Sawhney.
- Defamation case: V.K. Singh, four officers get bail - Jul 20, 2012
- Files sought in army chief defamation case - May 18, 2012
- Suit against army chief shifted to another judge - May 07, 2012
- Court defers hearing against army chief - May 08, 2012
- Court order May 18 on defamation case against army chief (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Court summons former army chief in defamation case (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Court reserves order on Tejinder Singh's plea (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Cancellation of ex-army chief's bail sought - Aug 08, 2012
- Former army chief opposes plea to cancel his bail - Aug 24, 2012
- Court order on plea against army chief April 26 - Apr 21, 2012
- Court summons former army chief in defamation case (Third lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Court dismisses former army chief's plea - Aug 28, 2012
- Defamation case: Bail for Gen. V.K. Singh, four officers (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Court summons former army chief in defamation case (Second Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Army ex-chief faces court, granted bail in defamation case (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: allegation, army chief, army officer, bribe, bribery, complainant, complicity, court reserves, criminal conspiracy, defamation case, defence ministry, delhi court, director general, false charges, magistrate, military intelligence, position power, respondent, tejinder singh, vice chief