Court rejects bail to accused in Mahi death caseJune 29th, 2012 - 11:16 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, June 29 (IANS) A local court Friday dismissed the bail application of Rohtash Singh, an accused in the Mahi death case and owner of the house at Kasan village near Manesar town in which Mahi’s family lived.
The court of Additional District and Sessions Judge Vikram Agarwal dismissed Singh’s bail plea.
Four-year-old Mahi was killed after she fell into an abandoned 70 feet deep, narrow borewell in front of the house June 20.
Rohtas was charged with getting the borewell dug illegally, not covering its mouth properly after it was abandoned, and causing death due to negligence.
An FIR was registered against him under Sections 188, 336 and 304-A of the Indian Penal Code.
Following this, Rohtash Singh, who lives in Delhi’s Najafgarh, had applied for anticipatory bail here.
- Man who dug Mahi's death trap sent to jail - Jul 08, 2012
- Two held for digging illegal borewell in Gurgaon - Jun 28, 2012
- Mahi trapped in borewell not responding to calls (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- GPRS deployed for Mahi's rescue operation - Jun 22, 2012
- Six people responsible for Mahi's death, says inquiry - Sep 21, 2012
- Rescue operations still on for baby in borewell - Jun 22, 2012
- Notice to village head in Mahi's death in borewell - Jun 26, 2012
- Girl remains trapped for over 60 hours in borewell - Jun 23, 2012
- Child rights panel seeks report on abandoned borewells - Jun 24, 2012
- Anger, sorrow as Mahi dies in Haryana borewell (Roundup) - Jun 24, 2012
- Mahi is dead, says doctor - Jun 24, 2012
- Other incidents of toddlers being rescued - Jun 23, 2012
- After 86 long hours, Mahi is dead (Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- Mahi is dead; end came on first or second day, doctors say (Second Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- Girl out of borewell, taken to hospital (Lead) - Jun 24, 2012