Court refuses to stop making of Nithari case movieApril 4th, 2008 - 10:59 pm ICT by admin
Chandigarh, April 4 (IANS) A local court here Friday refused to stop the production and release of a Hindi film “D-5″, based on the killings of children inside a house in Noida, adjoining Delhi. The court here dismissed a petition moved by Karandeep Pandher, the son of main accused in the Nithari killings Moninder Singh Pandher, saying that the matter was under the purview of the film censor board and the court will not intervene.
Judicial Magistrate Atul Marya directed Karandeep Pandher to approach the censor board in this regard.
Karandeep Pandher said the film was based on his father Moninder Pandher who was facing court trial in the Nithari killings case. He said the trial was at evidence stage and showing the film could affect administration of justice. He said the film had been made even as the matter was sub-judice.
“D-5″ was the house number of the property owned by Moninder Pandher inside which several children and young women were allegedly sexually abused and murdered. The house stands close to Nithari village in Noida city located in Uttar Pradesh.
The main charge in the killings case is against Moninder and his servant Surinder Koli.
- Nithari killings: Apex court upholds Koli's death sentence (Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Nithari killings: SC upholds death sentence for Surinder Koli - Feb 15, 2011
- Nithari killings timeline - Dec 22, 2010
- Nithari killings: Apex court confirms death for Koli (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Nithari killings: Apex court sends Koli to the gallows (Third Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Nithari killing: Supreme Court stays Koli's death sentence - Jan 07, 2010
- Pandher has some explanation to do: Apex court - Feb 15, 2011
- Nithari killings: Koli convicted for minor girl's murder (Lead) - Sep 27, 2010
- Pandher cleared in one Nithari case, victim's family to move apex court (Roundup) - Sep 11, 2009
- Nithari killings: Supreme Court stays Surinder Koli's death sentence - Jan 07, 2010
- Supreme Court slams CBI in Nithari case - Feb 09, 2011
- Nithari victims' lawyer welcomes stay on death sentence - Jan 07, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli gets third death penalty (Lead) - Sep 28, 2010
- Court's relook at Nithari case raises hope: victims' families (Lead) - Jan 07, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli gets fourth death sentence (Lead) - Dec 22, 2010