Court refuses relief to Uttar Pradesh scam accusedApril 4th, 2012 - 11:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 4 (IANS) A CBI special court here has rejected the anticipatory bail plea of a private firm owner who fears being arrested for his suspected involvement in the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam in Uttar Pradesh.
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge Talwant Singh rejected the anticipatory bail plea of Delhi-based firm Surya Tej Earth Movers’ director Sumit Tandon. The application was filed March 22.
“Keeping in view the seriousness and nature of allegations where huge funds of government were misappropriated and the government was cheated and that the accused has neither joined investigation nor he supplied the necessary documents, this is not a fit case to grant anticipatory bail,” the judge said in its order made available Wednesday.
The court, while rejecting the bail application, also took into account the fact of territorial jurisdiction and said that the case was being heard in a Ghaziabad special court.
“Huge cash payments were allegedly made by private supplier to the then minister and his associates in lieu of these contracts. Investigation carried out so far has indicated that tenders were allegedly awarded in a pre-determined manner to favour certain private firms,” the CBI has said.
The CBI said that Tandon had handed money to an accused in the case.
- High Court refuses relief to Uttar Pradesh NRHM scam accused - Apr 12, 2012
- Jharkhand's ex-minister surrenders in medicine scam - Aug 06, 2011
- Former Jharkhand health secretary jailed for corruption - Aug 08, 2011
- CWG scam: Ex-official's bail order June 15 - Jun 13, 2011
- CWG scam: Court rejects ex-official's bail plea (Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- CWG graft case: Two accused granted bail (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Excise official's anticipatory bail plea dismissed - Jan 13, 2012
- No bail for mining baron Reddy - May 30, 2012
- CBI oppose bail plea of excise commissioner (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- 2G case: CBI to file more documents (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Bribe case: Excise official sent to judicial custody - Jan 10, 2012
- CWG scam: Ex-official's bail plea rejected - Jun 15, 2011
- CWG scam: Kalmadi's bail plea rejected (Second Lead) - Jun 06, 2011
- Order reserved on excise commissioner's bail plea - Mar 02, 2012
- CWG scam: Private firm promoter surrenders - Aug 20, 2011
Tags: allegations, april 4, bail plea, cash payments, cbi, central bureau of investigation, contracts, earth movers, favour, national rural health, national rural health mission, necessary documents, New Delhi, private firm, private firms, seriousness, special judge, sumit, tenders, territorial jurisdiction