Court raps police over human traffickingFebruary 18th, 2008 - 10:34 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 18 (IANS) The Delhi High court Monday pulled up the police for shoddy investigation into the alleged human trafficking by placement agencies under guise of providing domestic help. A division bench of Justices Vikramjit Sen and P.K. Bhasin asked the deputy commissioner of police (DCP) of South Delhi to appear before the court Feb 25 to explain the delay in the investigations despite court orders.
Last month the court had asked the police to file a comprehensive report on the human trafficking and alleged abuse of human rights by the placement agencies in the national capital after many such agencies came under the scanner for alleged human trafficking under the guise of providing domestic helps and guards.
The court was hearing a petition - filed by an NGO called Shramjivi Mahila Samiti - accusing a placement agency of luring 298 women and children to the city from West Bengal on the pretext of providing them jobs as domestic servants but abusing them.
- Court gets draft Delhi bill on trafficking of kids (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Need regulator to monitor placement agencies: Court (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Complaints of growing abuse by placement agencies in Delhi - Jul 03, 2011
- Court gets draft Delhi bill on trafficking of kids - May 28, 2012
- Two human traffickers arrested - May 18, 2011
- Constable forced to roll on court ground, lawyers file complaint - Feb 07, 2012
- Delhi Police arrests former cricketer wanted in human trafficking case - Apr 27, 2011
- Need regulator to monitor placement agencies: Court - Jan 09, 2012
- Court transfers human trafficking case to Crime Branch - Jan 28, 2009
- Four arrested for trafficking, eight girls rescued - Jun 26, 2012
- Draft law ready to regulate Delhi placement agencies - Mar 07, 2012
- CBI asked to probe minors' trafficking by placement agency - May 28, 2010
- Maid torture: Doctor's wife gets bail (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Face trial for defamation, three army officers told (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Regulate placement agencies: Delhi High Court - Mar 25, 2009