Court pulls up estranged couple for neglecting child’s interestDecember 23rd, 2008 - 8:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 23 (IANS) Couples facing matrimonial disputes and fighting over a child’s custody should not be insensitive to the trauma the young one would be feeling, the Delhi High Court has said.“Parents often remain unmindful of the psychological, mental and physical trauma it has on kids,” Justice Kailash Gambhir observed last week while hearing a case about a child’s custody.
Expressing concern over the changing behaviour of the children due to the differences between their parents, the judge further noted: “Children not only get deprived of love, care and affection of one of their parents but practically become targets for the parties to score over one another in this mad race and obsession of winning possession, exclusive control and custody of the children.”
The court was dealing with a petition filed by a man seeking custody of his daughter from his estranged wife.
For more than seven years, the husband and wife have been filing petitions before the court one after another, accusing each other of violating a court order on the daughter’s custody.
- For them, Father's Day has no relevance - Jun 19, 2011
- Custody disputes: Call for India to sign Hague Convention - May 27, 2011
- Court pulls up parents for meddling in daughter's life - Feb 19, 2011
- Court sets aside divorce granted to man - Apr 11, 2011
- Divorced fathers crave for shared parenting (June 20 is Father's Day) - Jun 20, 2010
- Self-employed men hide income in alimony cases: Court - Jun 14, 2012
- Court nod for girl choosing to stay with father - Nov 07, 2011
- Delhi court asks police to protect blind man from ex-wife - Jun 27, 2012
- Child abduction by parents among Indian diaspora raises concern - Jun 19, 2011
- Custody row: Norway to hand over children to their uncle - Mar 30, 2012
- Court tells police to trace, reunite minor boy with mother (Lead) - Dec 13, 2011
- Share retirement funds with estranged wife, court tells man - Oct 29, 2011
- After 30 years, 85-year-old granted divorce - Jan 13, 2011
- Decide soon on woman's liver transplant plea, court asks government - Jun 15, 2012
- Kelsey Grammer wants sole custody of his children - May 18, 2011