Court pulls up defence counsel in Katara murderMarch 26th, 2008 - 10:41 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 26 (IANS) A city court Wednesday pulled up defence counsel for seeking unnecessary adjournments in the Nitish Katara murder case of 2002 and asked him to conclude the final arguments by April 15. Additional Sessions Judge Ravinder Kaur pulled up defence counsel G.K. Bharti after he again sought adjournment for concluding the final arguments in the case.
“This is your last chance to conclude the arguments. I will not hear the arguments after April 15,” said the judge in his order.
The prosecution wrapped up their final arguments in the case in December.
Concluding its arguments, prosecution claimed that the ‘chain of events’ conclusively established the complicity of Vikas Yadav, son of controversial Uttar Pradesh politician D.P. Yadav, and his cousin Vishal in the murder of Nitish Katara in 2002.
Special public prosecutor B.S. Joon wrapped up his arguments in the high-profile case, saying the accused had the motive to kill Katara as they did not approve of his intimate relationship with their sister Bharti.
The accused, on the intervening night of Feb 16-17, 2002, abducted and killed Katara who had gone to attend a marriage function of their common friend Shivani Gaur at Diamond Palace in Ghaziabad, the prosecution alleged.
They had an altercation with the victim at the party, he said, adding that two constables, who were present there, and key witness Ajay Katara had seen Nitish Katara in the company of the accused.
- Nitish Katara murder: Verdict on third accused Wednesday - Jul 05, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Third accused held guilty - Jul 06, 2011
- Give death to Nitish Katara killers, police tell court - Aug 28, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Arguments on punishment July 12 - Jul 07, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict - Jul 17, 2012
- Sukhdev Pehalwan gets life term for Nitish Katara murder (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- Death term sought for Katara murder convict - Jan 20, 2012
- Death term sought for Katara murder convict (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Vikas Yadav wants four days leave from jail - Nov 09, 2011
- Katara murder case: Delhi HC allows Vikas to attend brother's wedding - Apr 26, 2011
- Vikas Yadav gets one day's leave from jail (Lead) - Nov 22, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Court seeks Vikas Yadav's health records - Feb 01, 2012
- Key witness in Katara murder case 'planted': defence counsel - Apr 04, 2008
- Nitish Katara murder: Vishal to pay Rs.16 lakh for security - Mar 16, 2012