Court pulls up cash-for-vote accused for wearing sunglassesMay 28th, 2012 - 11:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 28 (IANS) A special court hearing the cash-for-vote case Monday pulled up an accused for sporting sunglasses during the hearing.
Special Judge Sangita Dhingra Sehgal pulled up Sohail Hindustani, who sported sunglasses on his head as he entered the court room to attend the proceedings.
“Please remember you are sitting in a court of law and not in a market,” the judge told Hindustani, asking his counsel to keep him guided.
Judge Sehgal said: “I thought he would understand by my stare but he did not.”
The court meanwhile adjourned, for July 7, the hearing of former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Faggan Singh Kulaste’s plea requesting the court to direct the police to trace the money trail and other aspects of the case.
On July 22, 2008, some BJP MPs had waved wads of currency notes on the floor of Lok Sabha during the trust vote faced by the UPA-I government, claiming they were given the money to vote in favour of the government.
Former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh, Sudheendra Kulkarni, MP Ashok Argal, ex-BJP MPs Kulaste and Mahabir Singh Bhagora, along with Amar Singh’s former aide Sanjeev Saxena and Hindustani, an alleged BJP activist, are accused in the case.
- Cash-for-vote: Non-bailable warrant against Hindustani - Aug 14, 2012
- Cash-for-vote: Accused appears in court, warrant cancelled - Aug 22, 2012
- Cash-for-vote: Cops furnish CD transcripts to accused - May 26, 2012
- Cash-for-votes: BJP MP booked; bail pleas of three put off - Oct 03, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Order on bail plea of five accused Nov 16 (Lead) - Nov 14, 2011
- Cash-for-votes scam: Bail pleas of Kulkarni, two others, to be heard Oct 13 - Oct 07, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: BJP MP exempted from attending trial court (Second Lead) - Nov 01, 2011
- Working on cash-for-votes money trail, cops tell court - May 10, 2012
- Expose beneficiaries of cash-for-vote: Kulkarni - Nov 18, 2011
- Police response sought on bail plea of Amar Singh's ex-aide (Lead) - Nov 09, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Government indeed tried to buy MPs, says BJP - Nov 17, 2011
- No bail for Advani's former aide, ex BJP MPs - Oct 21, 2011
- Meira Kumar sanctions prosecution of BJP MP Ashok Argal (Lead) - Sep 30, 2011
- Make me cash-for-vote scam witness, not accused: Kulkarni - Oct 01, 2011
- Amar Singh allowed to go to Singapore for treatment (Second Lead) - Nov 03, 2011
Tags: argal, ashok, bharatiya janata party, bjp, currency notes, favour, hindustani, Lok Sabha, mahabir, money trail, New Delhi, party leader, plea, Samajwadi Party, saxena, sehgal, special judge, trust vote, UPA, wads