Court petition against former Jharkhand governorDecember 17th, 2009 - 6:42 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Dec 17 (IANS) A public interest litigation has been filed against former Jharkhand governor Syed Sibte Razi in the high court for allegedly misusing his position during the President’s Rule in the state.
Ram Oraon, a resident of Ranchi, filed the PIL against Razi in the Jharkhand High Court Wednesday.
“The central government had put a ban on transfers and postings of officials during the President’s Rule. Government had put a condition that transfer could take place only after seeking permission from the central home ministry. Razi effected mass transfers of officials without seeking permission from the central government,” says the petition.
The petition also says that the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) raided the houses of Razi’s personal secretary Rajesh Thakur and senior Indian Administrative Service official Avinash Kumar on Aug 3 for amassing wealth beyond their known sources of income.
Razi was removed from Jharkhand and made Assam governor in July this year.
The petition has demanded a CBI probe into Rizvi’s tenure.
Four former chief ministers of Jharkhand — Babulal Marandi, Arjun Munda, Madhu Koda and Shibu Soren — also face PILs for amassing assets allegedly disproportionate to income.
On Dec 15, the Jharkhand High Court had issued notices to Munda and state government to reply to the PIL.
Koda is in jail for his alleged involvement in a Rs.2,300-money laundering scam.
Besides Koda, his three former cabinet colleagues, Kamlesh Singh, Enos Ekka and Harinarayan Rai are in jail on corruption charges.
- Ex Jharkhand minister has assets 579 percent of income! - Jan 27, 2012
- Jharkhand asked to give security to Koda scam petitioner - Sep 06, 2010
- CBI sleuths probing Koda's scam cases to get security - Aug 16, 2010
- CBI probe ordered against Koda in assets case - Aug 04, 2010
- Court asks CBI to trace PIL mover in Koda scam - Aug 31, 2010
- The difficulty of being Jharkhand whistleblower Durga Oraon - Sep 21, 2010
- BJP upset as Jharkhand refuses CBI probe against Koda - Jan 29, 2010
- IT, ED not cooperating in Koda scam probe, says Jharkhand - Feb 06, 2010
- CBI takes over Koda scam probe - Aug 12, 2010
- Koda scam: Jharkhand ready for CBI probe if court wants - Feb 04, 2010
- Plea for CBI probe into Shibu Soren's assets - Jun 21, 2011
- Money laundering charges filed against two ex-ministers - Jan 10, 2011
- Jharkhand court rejects Koda's bail plea - May 14, 2010
- Jharkhand court rejects Koda's plea - Jul 15, 2009
- Corruption, instability mark 10 years of Jharkhand - Nov 12, 2010
Tags: cabinet colleagues, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, chief ministers, corruption charges, court petition, ekka, home ministry, indian administrative service, jharkhand governor, koda, munda, personal secretary, pils, public interest litigation, razi, rizvi, rs 2, shibu soren, thakur