Court paves way for allotment of flats in DelhiAugust 25th, 2008 - 11:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 25 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Monday cleared the way for allotment of flats to around 10,000 members of a cooperative group housing scheme as it gave directions to the Registrar of Cooperative Societies to verify their names and begin the process of allotting homes. A division bench of Justices Manmohan Sarin and Veena Birbal formally issued guidelines for the allotment and appointed a new committee headed by Justice (retired) R.C. Chopra to approve the recommendations submitted by the societies and the Registrar’s office.
Asking 58 group housing societies which were given a clean chit by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), to furnish all information along with the list of members to the Registrar office within 15 days, the bench said the committee would submit a report for issuing an appropriate order to the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) for a draw of lots.
The societies were also directed to publish in newspapers proposals regarding the clearance of membership for allotment of flats.
The bench directed the Registrar to submit a report before the Justice Chopra Committee, which would finally approve the proposals and this panel would submit a report before the court for an appropriate order.
On March 8, the court had appointed a high-power committee to expedite identification of the genuine members.
- Nod given for occupying flats in Dwarka society, court told - Nov 21, 2011
- Registrar of societies fined Rs.10,000 - Apr 24, 2011
- Adarsh scam: Two detained for interrogation - Apr 03, 2012
- Court pulls up DDA over delay in allotting plots (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- Delhi cooperative societies allowed to allot flats - May 17, 2011
- Complete Rohini plot demarcation by Oct 30, court tells DDA - Sep 23, 2011
- Adarsh scam: Court rejects bail plea of 9 accused - Apr 21, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Two bureaucrats remanded to CBI custody (Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Bail plea of seven accused rejected (Second Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- Ashok Chavan shifts Adarsh blame to Deshmukh - Jun 20, 2011
- Adarsh scam: Two more arrested, judicial custody for seven accused (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Court tells DDA to give flat to man waiting for 30 years (Lead) - Oct 04, 2011
- Adarsh Society land belongs to Maharashtra government: Shinde - May 26, 2011
- CWG village: DDA says builder can allot flats - Apr 19, 2012
- Give Rohini plots to blast victims on priority: Court (Lead) - Sep 14, 2011