Court orders seizure of ex-armyman’s revolver (Lead)June 6th, 2012 - 7:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 6 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday directed police to seize the personal revolver of a retired military officer on the plea of his wife alleging that her husband was threatening her.
Justice Vipin Sanghi also directed the station house officer of C.R. Park in south Delhi to provide protection to the woman as and when she sought police assistance.
The petitioner married the retired captain in 1990. The couple has two children.
The petitioner also sought the cancellation of the licence of the revolver issued to her husband.
The woman’s counsel told the court that she had left her house in C.R. Park, which was co-owned by her along with her husband, and now she was staying in a relative’s house in Kalkaji in south Delhi.
The petitioner claimed that she lodged a complaint against her husband with the arms licensing department and the crime against women cell of police but no action was taken.
- Court orders seizure of ex-armyman's revolver - Jun 06, 2012
- Trace ex-armyman, seize revolver, court tells cops (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Woman double-crosses court for son's custody, gets rap - Feb 25, 2012
- Maintenance laws misused by greedy: Court (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- High court issues notice to Bukhari, ASI (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Civic agencies get court notice on illegal hookah bars - Aug 01, 2012
- Court allows woman to sell flat co-owned by minor kids - Dec 06, 2011
- Cops take woman to husband in Kerala, parents cry foul (Lead) - Nov 01, 2010
- Delhi transit system comes under RTI Act: High court - Jul 08, 2012
- Government gets Delhi High Court contempt notice - May 09, 2012
- Court seeks report from civic agencies on water-logging - Jul 11, 2012
- Court tells police to trace, reunite minor boy with mother (Lead) - Dec 13, 2011
- Police take Agra woman back to husband in Kerala - Nov 01, 2010
- Court allows rusticated MBBS student to sit for exam - Jun 08, 2012
- Apex court notice to Kanda, brother in assault case (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: armyman, cancellation, delhi high court, house officer, kalkaji, licensing department, military officer, New Delhi, petitioner, plea, police assistance, revolver, seizure, south delhi, station house