Court orders inquiry into attachment of Azamgarh property

April 25th, 2009 - 8:58 pm ICT by IANS  

New Delhi, April 25 (IANS) A city court Saturday ordered an inquiry after two residents of Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh said that property Delhi Police were seeking to attach belonged to them and not to the two alleged terrorists who escaped a gun battle in south Delhi last year.
Niyaz Ahmed and Anjum Sehar said the property sought to be attached was not of alleged absconding terrorists Ariz Khan and Shahjad Ahmed. The accused have no concern with the property, the applicants said.

Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Navin Arora asked the investigating officer to probe the matter and submit a report by June 4, the next date of hearing.

The court had earlier given a go-ahead to Delhi Police to attach the houses, which according to police belonged to the accused.

Delhi Police officer Mohan Chand Sharma, Atif Ameen, the prime accused of the Sep 13, 2008 Delhi serial bombings and co-accused Sajid were killed in the gun battle at the L-18 Batla House flat in Jamia Nagar here Sep 19 last year.

The two Indian Mujahideen suspects had managed to give police a slip, while Mohammed Saif was the sole IM suspect caught alive, police said.

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |