Court orders inquiry into attachment of Azamgarh propertyApril 25th, 2009 - 8:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 25 (IANS) A city court Saturday ordered an inquiry after two residents of Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh said that property Delhi Police were seeking to attach belonged to them and not to the two alleged terrorists who escaped a gun battle in south Delhi last year.
Niyaz Ahmed and Anjum Sehar said the property sought to be attached was not of alleged absconding terrorists Ariz Khan and Shahjad Ahmed. The accused have no concern with the property, the applicants said.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Navin Arora asked the investigating officer to probe the matter and submit a report by June 4, the next date of hearing.
The court had earlier given a go-ahead to Delhi Police to attach the houses, which according to police belonged to the accused.
Delhi Police officer Mohan Chand Sharma, Atif Ameen, the prime accused of the Sep 13, 2008 Delhi serial bombings and co-accused Sajid were killed in the gun battle at the L-18 Batla House flat in Jamia Nagar here Sep 19 last year.
The two Indian Mujahideen suspects had managed to give police a slip, while Mohammed Saif was the sole IM suspect caught alive, police said.
- Court declares two IM suspects proclaimed offenders - Jul 03, 2009
- Delhi court orders attaching property of two terrorists - Apr 21, 2009
- Batla House shootout: Court paves way for trial (Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Batla House encounter genuine, no re-opening: Chidambaram - Jan 12, 2012
- Want justice for Batla house accused, says Digvijay - Jan 12, 2012
- Want justice for Batla house accused, says Digvijay (Second Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Court stays CIC order on revealing Delhi shootout information - Mar 31, 2009
- Court dismisses plea on preserving footage of blasts aftermath - Oct 15, 2009
- Chidambaram rebuts Digvijay, says Batla House shootout genuine (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- First charge sheet filed in Delhi blasts case - Dec 17, 2008
- Delhi Police charge five for Greater Kailash blast - Dec 18, 2008
- Students Islamic Organisation of India demands judicial probe in Batla House encounter - Mar 24, 2010
- Protestors seek a judicial probe in Batla House encounter in New Delhi - Feb 06, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh's ATS nabs Delhi serial blast and Batla House encounter accused - Feb 02, 2010
- Father of slain terrorist moves Delhi High Court - Jul 28, 2009