Court orders framing of charges against former ministerOctober 21st, 2008 - 10:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 21 (IANS) A city court Tuesday ordered the framing of charges against former minister of state for urban development P.K. Thungan in a case relating to out-of-turn allotment of houses to government employees during 1993-95.“Prima facie, I find sufficient material to proceed with the criminal trial of all the accused persons,” said Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Judge R.K.Yadav, making it clear that none of the 18 accused, including the Congress leader, merited discharge from the case. Yadav posted the matter for Nov 1.
Besides Thungan, 17 others, including then additional personal secretary to urban development minister Sheila Kaul, were named by the CBI in 1996 for allegedly receiving illegal gratification from around 102 government employees for granting them out-of-turn accommodation.
The First Information Report was lodged Feb 14, 1996, following a Supreme Court order on a public interest litigation (PIL) challenging the controversial government policy on house allotments.
According to the charge sheet, D.D. Arora, then additional personal secretary of Sheila Kaul, hatched a criminal conspiracy with his son Virender Arora and others and compelled government employees to pay them bribes for out-of-turn allotment of houses.
- Warrant issued against former minister P.K.Thungan - Oct 10, 2008
- Court frames corruption charges against former minister Thungan - Feb 02, 2009
- Court grants bail to former minister P.K. Thungan - Oct 20, 2008
- Framing of charges against Sheila Kaul deferred - Feb 28, 2012
- Court exempts Sheila Kaul from personal appearance - May 23, 2012
- 98-year-old Sheila Kaul told to appear in court - May 10, 2012
- Court frames charges against former union ministers - Apr 02, 2009
- Noida land scandal: Ex-official gets four-year jail (Third Lead) - Dec 07, 2010
- Noida land scandal: Ex-official gets four-year jail (Second Lead) - Dec 07, 2010
- Jaya Jaitley to stand trial in 'defence deal' case (Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Delhi triple murder accused held after 16 years - Jun 10, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Court rejects bail plea of 9 accused - Apr 21, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Court rejects bail plea of accused (Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Bail plea of seven accused rejected (Second Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- Convicted IAS officer held high posts under different regimes - Dec 07, 2010