Court orders e-mail of bail order copy to jailFebruary 3rd, 2011 - 12:02 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 2 (IANS) To ensure early release of undertrials and accused who are granted bail, the Delhi High Court Wednesday directed all Delhi courts as well as its own officials to e-mail a copy of bail orders to Tihar jail authorities within 24 hours of being pronounced.A division bench of Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justice Sanjiv Khanna accepted suggestions given by the Delhi Legal Services Authority (DLSA) and said: “The bail orders should be sent to jail authorities through e-mail so that the undertrials do not suffer due to delay.”
The bench also accepted a suggestion that the jail authorities should inform the families of those granted bail so that they could complete the paper work in time.
In addition, the court accepted the suggestion that jail records should also be inspected regularly by a judge to check delays in the release of inmates granted bail.
The court was hearing a petition complaining about delay in release of undertrials and convicts despite their getting bail.
- Court questions government on plea to help jail inmates (Lead) - Jun 01, 2011
- 500 Delhi kids missing for past one year, court told - Jan 19, 2011
- Court orders better facilities for mentally ill prisoners - Mar 09, 2011
- Court questions government on plea to help jail inmates - Jun 01, 2011
- 'Biscuit King' Pillai's widow wants more compensation - Sep 05, 2011
- Kalmadi's plea to attend parliament dismissed (Lead) - Aug 30, 2011
- Satyam's Ramalinga Raju, two others get bail - Nov 04, 2011
- Court ticks off lawyers for undertrials' plight - Dec 02, 2009
- Tihar security tightened, court told - Sep 14, 2011
- 70 percent Tihar inmates are undertrials (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- 70 percent Tihar inmates are undertrials (Second Lead, correcting figure in para 3) - Jan 31, 2012
- Notice to Delhi government on parole rules - Jul 23, 2011
- Court asks police to probe child trafficking gangs (Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
- Gujarat officer facing land scam probe may get bail - Dec 08, 2011
- Court to hear Tuesday Kalmadi plea to attend parliament - Aug 29, 2011