Court orders DDA to allot plots in Rohini schemeDecember 16th, 2009 - 11:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 16 (IANS) Giving relief to over 25,000 people who applied for the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) Rohini 1981 scheme, the Delhi High Court Wednesday ordered they should be alloted plots.
A division bench of Chief Justice Ajit Prakash Shah and Justice S. Muralidhar ordered the allotment of 16,000 plots to the applicants of the DDA Rohini Scheme of 1981, and the allotment of the remaining 9,000 plots within 16 months thereafter.
The court had earlier this year restrained the DDA, till further orders, from auctioning any plot of land in Rohini, which it had acquired for its residential scheme of 1981.
The land measuring approximately 4,068 hectares represents almost all of DDA’s landholding in Rohini.
The court was hearing a petition of an applicant of the 1981 scheme, Rahul Gupta, who stated that the DDA had placed 117,000 plots for auction but only 84,000 people had applied. Yet, 25,000 registrants were still waiting for allotment.
DDA’s explanation was that there was no more land available for auction, and it had approached the urban development ministry for relaxation of norms to make more land available for residential use.
- Rohini plots to be allotted by 2013, DDA tells court (Lead) - Sep 13, 2011
- Court tells DDA to allot house plots in Rohini - Mar 14, 2012
- Complete Rohini plot demarcation by Oct 30, court tells DDA - Sep 23, 2011
- Give Rohini plots to blast victims on priority: Court (Lead) - Sep 14, 2011
- Court pulls up DDA over delay in allotting plots (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- DDA to launch Housing Scheme-2010 from Nov.25 - Nov 19, 2010
- Can't fleece plot seekers, consumer court warns land agencies - Jul 26, 2012
- CWG village: DDA says builder can allot flats - Apr 19, 2012
- DDA housing scheme draw of lots today - Apr 18, 2011
- 'Expedite issue of completion certificates' - Feb 24, 2012
- Court asks DDA for records on 2004 housing scheme - Mar 24, 2010
- Neera Yadav granted bail (Lead) - Dec 13, 2010
- Refund flat booking amount to widow, court tells DDA - Jan 20, 2011
- DDA picks lots for 16,000 flats in Delhi - Apr 19, 2011
- HSIIDC to give plots against land acquisition - Aug 23, 2010
Tags: ajit, allotment, auction, chief justice, delhi development authority, delhi development authority dda, delhi high court, development ministry, division bench, hectares, New Delhi, norms, petition, plot of land, prakash shah, rahul gupta, registrants, relaxation, urban development