Court orders case against Rajasthan ministerSeptember 10th, 2011 - 11:59 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Sep 10 (IANS) A court here Saturday ordered police to register a case against Rajasthan’s Minister of State for Food and Civil Supplies Babulal Nagar and some policemen, including a Rajasthan police Service (RPS) officer, for intimidating and keeping a 64-year old man in illegal custody, the victim’s lawyer said.
Rameshwar Lal Chaudhary had approached the court of upper chief judicial magistrate claiming that he was thrashed, threatened and kept in illegal custody at a police station without any charges by some policemen on instructions of the minister.
“Chaudhary had approached state’s anti-corruption bureau (ACB) to lodge a complaint of corruption in tenders of food and civil supply department and when the agency did not probe his complaint, he approached a lawyer to file a petition in a court on Aug 29,” said Chaudhary’s lawyer Alok Sharma.
When he was going home after visiting the lawyer, Chaudhary’s car was intercepted on the way by some policemen who thrashed him and took him to Phagi police station situated on the outskirts of the city, Sharma said.
Chaudhary alleged that he was threatened not to “mess” with the minister at the police station and kept there throughout the night without any charges.
“My client has been receiving threatening calls since the time he registered the complaint against the minister with the ACB,” said Sharma.
The court has directed Shiprapath police station in Jaipur to lodge a first information report against the minister and some policemen, including RPS officer Rajpal Singh.
- More Rajasthan ministers likely to be axed - Oct 17, 2011
- Government doctor caught taking bribe in Rajasthan - Jul 30, 2012
- Rajasthan Police sub-inspector arrested for bribery - Aug 20, 2012
- Cop, engineers, accountant caught taking bribes - Jul 21, 2012
- Senior Rajasthan official held for corruption - Aug 17, 2012
- Custody of senior Rajasthan BJP leader extended - Apr 09, 2012
- Andhra ACB files charge sheet in cash-for-bail case - Aug 13, 2012
- FIR against builder, bureaucrat in Mumbai land scam - Jul 05, 2012
- Two more judges sent to jail in cash-for-bail scam - Jul 12, 2012
- Suspended judge sent to police custody in bribery scam - Jun 29, 2012
- Lawyers' protest paralyses Delhi courts - Apr 07, 2012
- Court wants probe into Maharashtra land scam: Activist - Jul 03, 2012
- Court extends Rajasthan BJP leader's judicial custody - Apr 16, 2012
- Court sends notices over Rajasthan's missing people - Mar 01, 2012
- Bail denied to suspended cop in Dara Singh killing - Mar 02, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,