Court order on plea against army chief April 26April 21st, 2012 - 11:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 21 (IANS) A Delhi court Saturday reserved for April 26 its order on a defamation case filed by Lt. Gen. (retd) Tejinder Singh against army chief Gen V.K. Singh, who has accused him of bribery.
Metropolitan Magistrate Jasjeet Kaur listed the matter for order on the summoning of Army Chief and others after Tejinder Singh’s counsel said that his client had already recorded his statement and pre-summoning evidence in support of his complaint.
Metropolitan Magistrate Sudesh Kumar, who had on April 10 reserved the order on Tejinder Singh’s complaint, did not hold proceedings Saturday as he was attending a training session and the matter was listed for hearing by Jasjeet Kaur.
Tejinder Singh has requested the court to summon and initiate proceedings against the army chief and others for making the libellous statement in media.
Alleging that the officers misused their official position, power and authority to level false charges against him, the retired army officer in his complaint has also named army vice chief Lt. Gen. S.K. Singh, Director General, Military Intelligence Lt. Gen. B.S. Thakur, Additional Director General of Public Information Major Gen. S.L. Narsimhan and Directorate General of Public Information staff officer Lt. Col. Hitten Sawhney.
- Court to rule on summoning of army chief May 5 - Apr 26, 2012
- Court order May 18 on defamation case against army chief (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Court defers hearing against army chief - May 08, 2012
- Suit against army chief shifted to another judge - May 07, 2012
- Court summons former army chief in defamation case (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Court takes cognisance of Tejinder Singh's defamation case (Lead) - Mar 29, 2012
- Tejinder's plea against army chief sent to another court (Second Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Files sought in army chief defamation case - May 18, 2012
- Tejinder's plea against army chief sent to another court (Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Defamation case: V.K. Singh, four officers get bail - Jul 20, 2012
- Court reserves order on Tejinder Singh's plea (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Court reserves order on further probe in case against army chief - May 25, 2012
- Court summons former army chief in defamation case (Third lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Cancellation of ex-army chief's bail sought - Aug 08, 2012
- Court summons former army chief in defamation case (Second Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
Tags: army chief, army officer, bribery, defamation case, delhi court, director general, directorate general, false charges, magistrate, military intelligence, New Delhi, plea, position power, public information staff, sawhney, staff officer, sudesh kumar, tejinder singh, training session, vice chief