Court notices to five doctors for patient’s deathMay 6th, 2008 - 9:32 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 6 (IANS) A city court Tuesday issued notices to five doctors and the administration staff of Sunder Lal Jain Hospital for alleged medical negligence that led to the death of a patient, a doctor himself. Additional Sessions Judge Pratibha Rani issued the notices to the five doctors and hospital administration returnable May 20.
The notices were issued after Murari Lal Goel, the father of the doctor who died, moved a revision petition challenging the court’s earlier order acquitting the doctors of all charges.
The doctor, Subhash Goel, was admitted to Sunder Lal Jain Hospital Feb 5, 1997, and died the next morning.
Murari Lal then filed a case of medical negligence.
The charge-sheet was filed against Vivek Baniyal, and the court issued notices to him and four other doctors - Y.P. Munjal, V.K. Bindal, Rajesh Gupta and Chandra Prakash.
A witness, Shyama Gupta, in her statement said the doctor on duty had advised echo test on Goel, which was to be done by Rajesh Gupta. But, she said, Gupta did not turn up despite being called several times.
Shyama Gupta, herself a doctor, said no cardiologist was present at the hospital at that time and Bindal admitted Goel in the Cardiac Care Unit, where he died due to lack of attention.
- Father seeks justice for son's death - Aug 05, 2011
- Bail denied to suspended cop in Dara Singh killing - Mar 02, 2012
- Probe begins into children's deaths in Tirupati hospital - Aug 16, 2012
- Chandigarh administration directed to compensate for negligence - Jun 18, 2011
- Doctors not hospitals guilty in negligence deaths: Court - Aug 08, 2010
- Cop told to pay Rs.20,000 for false case - Jun 16, 2012
- Court stays warrants against CBI officers - Sep 25, 2011
- Rajasthan IPS officer surrenders in Dara Singh case - Feb 28, 2012
- Doctors in Lucknow caught on MMS demanding bribe - Jun 09, 2012
- An RTI query which may have averted AMRI blaze - Dec 22, 2011
- NRI doctors demands removal of 'tainted' medical council members - Nov 04, 2011
- BJP leader denied relief on Dikshit's defamation complaint - Aug 13, 2012
- Lahore doctors urged to end strike - Jul 08, 2012
- Can't fleece plot seekers, consumer court warns land agencies - Jul 26, 2012
- Bengal government orders inquiry into crib deaths - May 24, 2012