Court notice to Rockland Hospital over land misuseApril 8th, 2008 - 10:28 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 8 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Tuesday issued notice to the multi-speciality Rockland Hospital here after a court-appointed committee found that the land was allotted for a cancer research centre and not for commercial hospital. The monitoring committee rebuked the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) for failing to check the misuse of the land and informed the court the land in the Qutub institutional area in south Delhi was allotted to the Foundation for Applied Research and Cancer Society.
But later a commercial hospital in the name of Rockland Hospital was set up on that land.
A division bench comprising of Justices A.K. Sikri and Rekha Sharma took notice of the irregularity and issued notices to the hospital, DDA and Delhi Police, and asked them to reply in 15 days.
The monitoring committee said the society obtained the land at concession rate for a “noble purpose” and had also taken exemption from the income tax department for it.
The committee accused the DDA of ill intention and said it had sealed many unauthorised buildings in that area but it did not touch the hospital.
It said the Economic Offences Wing of Delhi Police also failed to complete its investigation against the hospital, which was initiated in January last year.
The committee alleged that the Allied Research and Cancer Society had openly flouted all rules and regulations and urged the court to give appropriate direction against the hospital.
The bench was hearing a public interest petition against unauthorised constructions in the city.
- Notice to Delhi, central governments on unauthorised colonies - Feb 17, 2012
- Bhopal hospital staff seek pay hike, government gets notice (Lead) - Dec 12, 2011
- Court tells DDA to allot house plots in Rohini - Mar 14, 2012
- Court notice on Delhi's illegal colonies - Aug 22, 2012
- Land reclaimed after mosque demolition, DDA tells court (Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- Transfer of land to ASI upheld - Mar 25, 2011
- Apex court puts sealing in Delhi on hold, to examine law - Jan 03, 2012
- Asiad Tower restaurant, banquet hall to remain sealed (Lead) - Jun 25, 2010
- Delhi government to take on private hospitals - Jul 06, 2011
- Court seeks DDA's response to charge of irregularities - Sep 09, 2010
- Court notice over legislator's encroachment of DDA land - Feb 23, 2012
- Delhi High Court directs DDA to take encroached land back - May 02, 2012
- Delhi hospital seeks exemption from treating poor free - Jun 18, 2009
- We have reclaimed land from mosque, DDA tells court - Jan 14, 2011
- Alter master plan to operate bus depot near Yamuna: Court - Sep 13, 2012