Court notice to police officers in CWG caseAugust 31st, 2012 - 11:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 31 (IANS) A court Friday asked the deputy commissioner of police (DCP) and additional DCP of the economic offences wing to appear before it in a complaint against Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit over the Commonwealth Games (CWG) scam.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Manish Yaduvanshi fixed the next date of hearing for Sept 26 and held the application, moved by Right to Information activist Vivek Garg, “maintainable”.
The court issued notice asking the officers to appear with reports of the case.
The court also pulled up the police for their “deliberate attempt” at causing “unnecessary delay” in filing a reply sought by the court.
Vivek Garg, in his application, has said that a case be filed against Dikshit, Delhi minister Raj Kumar Chauhan and former CWG Organising Committee chief Suresh Kalmadi for alleged corruption in holding the Commonwealth Games in Delhi in 2010.
Garg has also made allegations against Dikshit on the basis of a report by a panel headed by former comptroller and auditor general V.K. Shunglu on lapses related to the event.
- CWG graft: Hearing against Dikshit deferred - Jun 01, 2012
- CWG graft plea against Dikshit with CBI, police tell court - Jan 30, 2012
- Court defers hearing over Dikshit - Feb 23, 2012
- Timeline of CWG cases and developments - Jan 19, 2012
- Dikshit assures action on CWG lapses - Feb 21, 2012
- More skeletons may tumble out of CWG closet (Year after CWG) - Sep 29, 2011
- Sack Sheila Dikshit, says BJP - Mar 30, 2011
- Delhi government submits response to Shunglu panel report - May 28, 2011
- CWG lapses: BJP alleges Delhi government trying to hide facts - May 27, 2011
- Shunglu panel report being analysed: PM - Apr 01, 2011
- Delhi government formulates response on CWG charges - May 25, 2011
- Central government trying to save Sheila Dikshit in CWG scam: BJP - Mar 26, 2011
- CBI names Kalmadi prime accused in CWG chargesheet (Roundup) - May 20, 2011
- BJP questions PM, Sonia on Dikshit's 'defiance' of Shunglu report - Mar 29, 2011
- CBI awaits report on CWG village lapses - Sep 06, 2011
Tags: activist, alleged corruption, chief minister, commissioner of police, commonwealth games, comptroller and auditor general, cwg, dcp, deliberate attempt, deputy commissioner, economic offences, garg, lapses, magistrate, New Delhi, police officers, raj kumar, sheila dikshit, suresh kalmadi, unnecessary delay