Court notice to government on Delhi security (Lead)September 28th, 2011 - 7:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 28 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday issued notices to the central and Delhi governments after taking note of a petition seeking adequate security arrangements against terror attacks in the national capital.
The division bench of Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justice Sanjiv Khanna issued the notices and sought the respondents’ reply within six weeks.
“Counter affidavits shall be filed within six weeks,” said the bench, fixing the matter for disposal Dec 14.
Taking note of the petition filed by the Society of Indian Law Firms, Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw earlier said that it was in public interest and referred it to the division bench.
The petition sought the union home ministry’s directions to the chief secretary of the Delhi government to take adequate measures, including deployment of the Rapid Action Force and the National Security Guard (NSG), for security in the city.
The petition sought direction to both the central and the state governments to “permanently” deploy a battalion of the NSG at various locations here.
“Police and the security agencies should be trained and equipped to deal with terror attacks,” said the petition, adding that a centralised intelligence system should be set up.
Referring to the Sep 7 blast outside the court, the petition said that the judges should direct the governments to procure and provide adequate equipment, vehicles and machinery for quick mobility of crisis management agencies by road as well as air.
The petitioner said that CCTV cameras should be installed at various locations, including all district courts, the high court and the Supreme Court.
- High court refers security plea to larger bench - Sep 22, 2011
- Ban uninsured vehicles, court urged - Sep 12, 2012
- Court notice to centre on diesel-run vehicles - Jul 19, 2012
- Court notice to government on CBI exemption from RTI - Jul 06, 2011
- Court notice to centre on diesel-run vehicles (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Court notice on Delhi's illegal colonies - Aug 22, 2012
- Court notice over girls' admission to Delhi school (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Court asks Delhi authorities to file ATR on water logging - Aug 01, 2012
- Delhi High Court stays court fee hike - Aug 09, 2012
- School's power supply cut: Court slams government - Aug 30, 2012
- Court questions government on plea against Amod Kanth - Jun 03, 2011
- Civic agencies get court notice on illegal hookah bars - Aug 01, 2012
- Lawyer questioned for criticising Shivani case judge (Lead) - Oct 24, 2011
- Court notice to Delhi over right to education (Lead) - Oct 19, 2011
- Constructions in Delhi Ridge: court notice to ministries - May 20, 2011
Tags: adequate equipment, adequate measures, adequate security, cctv cameras, chief secretary, delhi government, delhi high court, dipak, division bench, equipment vehicles, intelligence system, management agencies, misra, nsg, rapid action, sahai, sanjiv, security arrangements, state governments, union home ministry