Court notice to Delhi Police on Romesh Sharma’s pleaMay 13th, 2008 - 12:54 am ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 12 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Monday issued a notice to Delhi Police on a plea by Romesh Sharma, an alleged associate of mobster Dawood Ibrahim, in which he challenged his conviction in the murder of Kunjum Budhiraja in 1999. A bench headed by Justice H.R. Malhotra issued the notice on Sharma’s bail plea and sought the Derlhi Police reply by July 23.
A city court Feb 18 sentenced Sharma and four others to life imprisonment for murdering Budhiraja.
Budhiraja, a fashion designer, was shot dead March 20, 1999, by a group of men from Uttar Pradesh at Sharma’s behest when she went to offer prayers at a temple in his south Delhi farmhouse.
Sharma’s two sisters, Jaspreet alias Sonu and Dolly, were also accused of involvement in Budhiraja’s murder.
However, the court acquitted Jaspreet while convicting Sharma, Dolly, Surender Mishra, Hemchand, Santram and Ramesh under sections 302 (murder), 120 B (criminal conspiracy) and 34 (common intention) of the Indian Penal Code.
Sharma has been in judicial custody since 1999 and is facing trial in 16 criminal cases.
- Romesh Sharma, accomplice acquitted in Kunjum Budhiraja murder (Lead) - Dec 16, 2009
- Two acquitted in 1999 Kunjum Buddhiraja murder case - Dec 16, 2009
- Romesh Sharma, five others get life terms for designer murder - Feb 18, 2008
- Delhi High Court admits Romesh Sharma's appeal in Kunjum murder case - May 12, 2008
- Romesh Sharma convicted for murder of fashion designer - Feb 15, 2008
- Romesh Sharma, five others get life sentence in Kunjum murder case - Feb 18, 2008
- Romesh Sharma, five others convicted in Kunjum murder case - Feb 15, 2008
- Two convicts on parole held for threatening woman - May 13, 2010
- Romesh Sharma, five others get life terms for designer's murder - Feb 18, 2008
- Acquittal of five in Shivani Bhatnagar murder case contested (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Chopper case: Romesh Sharma gets 10-year jail (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Highlights of judgment on Shivani Bhatnagar murder - Oct 12, 2011
- Romesh Sharma, five others convicted for murder - Feb 15, 2008
- Chopper case: Romesh Sharma gets 10-year jail - Jul 23, 2012
- Acquittal of five in Shivani Bhatnagar case contested - Feb 13, 2012