Court notice to AIIMS on 12-year-old criminal caseMay 27th, 2008 - 3:38 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 27 (IANS) A city court has issued notices to the registrar general of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and its former head of gastroenterology over a 12-year-old criminal complaint by a doctor that he had been deliberately denied the post of assistant professor. Additional Sessions Judge S.K. Sarvariya Monday issued notices for July 18 to Rakesh K. Tandon, then head of department (gastroenterology), and AIIMS registrar general V.K. Gupta.
The court took cognisance of the revision complaint filed by Anoop Saraya, who had alleged that former AIIMS director S.K. Kacker, who was member secretary of the selection committee in 1993, connived with Tandon to deliberately forge minutes of the selection committee meeting. They deleted his name from the waiting list, in which he was mentioned at the top, Saraya said.
Saraya, who was interviewed by the selection committee for the post of assistant professor in the gastroenterology department on July 20, 1993, also alleged that the accused had maliciously interpolated the name of a less qualified doctor in the list.
According to the complaint, Kacker had prepared a “forged” document before the governing body in which only the names of the two candidates were mentioned and Saraya’s name, as the waitlisted candidate, was “deliberately removed”.
The matter came to light when the complainant was offered the post of assistant professor at AIIMS in February 1996, which was challenged by a candidate who also had appeared for the interview along with Saraya in 1993.
Saraya then filed a complaint against Kacker and Tandon in the Defence Colony Police Station on Feb 29, 1996, accusing them of forgery and cheating.
During the subsequent court proceedings, the counsel for the institute admitted that Kacker had tampered with the records of the selection committee.
- Man gets 3 years' jail for impersonating in AIIMS exam - Jun 13, 2012
- Bangladesh probes allegations of forged court orders - Mar 18, 2011
- Ex-registrar convicted in housing scam - Aug 29, 2012
- Seven officials jailed for fraudulent land allocation - Sep 03, 2012
- Court charges AIIMS officials with corruption - Aug 27, 2012
- 'Pregnant women more vulnerable to Hepatitis E-induced liver failure' (July 28 is World Hepatitis Day) - Jul 26, 2012
- Congress top brass meets, presidential nominee likely next week - Jun 08, 2012
- Court seeks report on water-logging in Delhi - Aug 07, 2012
- Kerala orders probe into lapses in 160 university postings - May 29, 2011
- AIIMS surgeons remove 8-kg hernia from 2-month-old's head (with Images) - Feb 22, 2012
- 200 faculty posts vacant at AIIMS, admits Azad - Aug 30, 2011
- Ugandan student duped with fake admission letter - Jul 05, 2011
- Court notice to Delhi University on M.A. Music entrance test - Nov 20, 2011
- PM holds meeting, CVC finalized - Jul 02, 2011
- Court acquits driver of doctor's murder, raps cops - Apr 06, 2010