Court notice over legislator’s encroachment of DDA landFebruary 23rd, 2012 - 1:10 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 22 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday issued notice to the central government and Delhi legislator Asif Mohammad Khan on a public suit seeking removal of illegal construction on Delhi Development Authority (DDA) land by the legislator.A bench of Acting Chief Justice A.K. Sikri and Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw, seeking status report from the DDA by March 21 on the issue, also issued notices to the Delhi Police chief and station house officer (Jamia Nagar).
The petitioner, Kamran Siddique alleged that Khan, who represents Okhla constituency, encroached on about 5 bighas of DDA land and was running the illegal zoo on the land.
“The MLA (legilator) has encroached about 5 bigha land of DDA bearing khasra no. 409, village Jasola, New Delhi and he is running the illegal zoo on the enchoached land,” he said, adding Khan’s act was in the contravention with the Provision of Prevention of Cruelity to Animals Act and Wildlife Ac.
He said the encroached land was for public use and is proposed for a grave for the benefit of Muslim community.
- Delhi High Court directs DDA to take encroached land back - May 02, 2012
- High court issues notice to Bukhari, ASI (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Notice to Delhi, central governments on unauthorised colonies - Feb 17, 2012
- We have reclaimed land from mosque, DDA tells court - Jan 14, 2011
- Court allows prayers at demolished mosque site (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Notices to civic agencies, police on encroachment on roads - Feb 15, 2011
- Mosque demolition: Contempt plea filed against Dikshit - Jan 15, 2011
- Court notice on Delhi's illegal colonies - Aug 22, 2012
- Land reclaimed after mosque demolition, DDA tells court (Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- Delhi mosque demolition: DDA to file report in court - Jan 13, 2011
- Court asks illegal Delhi mosque to relocate - Mar 21, 2011
- Ban uninsured vehicles, court urged - Sep 12, 2012
- Court tells DDA to allot house plots in Rohini - Mar 14, 2012
- Delhi civic agency given 4 months to clear encroachments - May 12, 2010
- Court notice to centre on diesel-run vehicles - Jul 19, 2012
Tags: central government, chief justice, constituency, contravention, cruelity to animals, delhi development authority, delhi development authority dda, delhi high court, delhi police, encroachment, house officer, illegal construction, jamia nagar, legislator, mohammad khan, muslim community, petitioner, rajiv, sahai, station house