Court notice over appointment of principal in St. StephensJune 4th, 2008 - 10:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 4 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday issued notices to Delhi University and the governing body of the St. Stephens college on a petition filed by a former teacher seeking directions for appointment of a full-time principal. A division bench headed by Justices Siddharth Mridul and Manmohan asked them to reply by July 10 explaining why there was delay in the appointment.
The bench was hearing a public interest petition filed by R.K. Malhan, a former faculty member of the college, through his counsel Sachin Datta.
Datta contended before the bench that the institution is running without a head even as the admission procedure for the new academic session started this week. There is an apprehension of irregularities in admission due to the absence of a full-time principal.
The college’s Supreme Council has appointed vice principal M.S. Frank as pro-tem administrator after Valson Thampu resigned from the post of Officer on Special Duty and officiating principal in March.
- Notice to DU, St. Stephen's on principal's appointment - Aug 01, 2012
- Thampu qualified to head St. Stephen's College: Court (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Court asks St.Stephen's to appoint principal soon - Jul 09, 2008
- Court notice to varsity on St. Stephen's College issue - Jul 29, 2008
- St.Stephens, DU's response sought on plea against principal - Oct 20, 2009
- St Stephen's row: Court pulls up principal - Dec 03, 2009
- Quraishi's appointment to St Stephen's governing body upheld - Feb 08, 2010
- St. Stephen's moves court against Sandeep Dikshit's society - Sep 24, 2011
- Court refuses to hear ex-CVC's plea against successor - Jul 14, 2011
- Ex-CVC Thomas withdraws plea against successor - Jul 19, 2011
- St Stephen's governing body row: Court ruling Thursday - Dec 02, 2009
- Sandeep Dikshit barred from using St. Stephen's logo (Lead) - Sep 28, 2011
- St Stephen's row: Court allows Qureshi in governing body - Nov 16, 2009
- Revamped alumni body to boost St Stephen's master plan - Jun 06, 2011
- 2G: Apex court notice to CBI on Behura's bail - Jan 02, 2012