Court moved on Delhi’s power tariffJanuary 14th, 2011 - 11:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 14 (IANS) North Delhi Power Limited (NDPL) Friday filed a petition before Delhi High Court asking it to direct the Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) to determine the tariff for 2010-2011.In an application before a division bench of Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justice Manmohan, NDPL, a joint venture of Tata power company and the Delhi government, said that litigation has put the company in a financial crisis.
The bench was hearing a public suit accusing the government of succumbing to pressure from discoms and directing the DERC not to issue a new tariff order for 2010-11.
According to the company, about 60-70 percent of finance goes towards power distribution and 10-12 percent goes towards the maintenance, salaries of staff and administrative expenses.
Earlier, the bench had rapped the government and the commission for their ongoing tussle over fixing of new power tariff for the national capital.
Attorney General G.E. Vahanvati, who assisted the court, had earlier said state government had no power to interfere with a decision taken by DERC and could only issue guidelines which the commission could consider.
- Court questions delay in naming Delhi power regulator chief - Jan 21, 2011
- Court questions Delhi power firms on audit of accounts (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- Court raps Delhi government, power regulator - Jan 26, 2011
- Government withdraws direction to DERC on power tariff - Feb 11, 2011
- Delhi government rapped for interfering in power tariff - Feb 18, 2011
- 'CAG to audit accounts of Delhi discoms' - Mar 12, 2012
- Delhi electricity regulator asked to spell out 2010-11 tariff - Sep 09, 2010
- Court reserves decision on new power tariff in Delhi - Mar 08, 2011
- Court gives go-ahead for fresh power tariff in Delhi - May 23, 2011
- Delhi agrees to CAG audit of power companies - Sep 14, 2011
- No power tariff hike in Delhi this year: Dikshit - Jul 05, 2010
- Delhi power discoms seek hike in electricity prices - May 06, 2010
- Court tells Delhi power regulator to notify tariff hike - Jul 11, 2012
- Court notice to Delhi power regulator over tariff - Apr 24, 2012
- Delhi to extend financial help to BSES - Dec 27, 2011
Tags: administrative expenses, chief justice, delhi electricity regulatory commission, delhi government, delhi high court, derc, dipak, division bench, electricity regulatory commission, financial crisis, joint venture, manmohan, misra, ndpl, north delhi, power distribution, power limited, power tariff, tata power, tussle