Court issues warrants against six Delhi policemenMarch 17th, 2008 - 8:31 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 17 (IANS) A city court Monday issued non-bailable warrants (NBW) for arrests against six Delhi Police personnel for allegedly accepting a bribe from an associate of Amit Kumar, the international kidney racket kingpin. Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) A.K. Kohar issued the warrants against six officials for March 26.
The court also rejected the bail plea of Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) Ravinder Kumar, who is in judicial custody. Observing that the offence was serious and investigations continuing, the court rejected the ASI’s bail plea.
Delhi Police arrested Ravinder last month and registered a case against him and six other police personnel. These men are now absconding.
The six police personnel are: head constables Devender Singh and Vijay Bahadur, and constables Naresh Kumar, Kaleem Beg, Surender Rathi and Rakesh Kumar. They allegedly extorted money from the kidney scam accused, Amit Kumar, who was nabbed in Nepal Feb 7 and is now in the custody of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
The police said searches were being conducted to nab the absconding policemen.
The kidney racket was unearthed Jan 24 after Uttar Pradesh and Haryana police jointly raided a private hospital and a guesthouse owned by Amit Kumar in Gurgaon, the suburban town of Delhi in Haryana.
The international racket in illegal kidney transplants served clients from Britain, the US, Greece, Lebanon, Canada, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
- Court issues warrant against Kanda (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Court denies anticipatory bail to Kanda (Second lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda - Aug 16, 2012
- Kanda's anticipatory bail plea decision Friday - Aug 16, 2012
- Former cricketer sent to police custody for immigration racket (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Kidney scam - two Delhi cops in judicial custody - Mar 25, 2008
- Kidney scam: Delhi cops sent to police custody - Mar 29, 2008
- Court again rejects cops' plea seeking Chaddha's custody - Aug 21, 2012
- Closure in one case, warrant in another for Sajjan Kumar (Second Lead) - Feb 23, 2010
- Kanda sent to 7 days police custody (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Abhishek Verma's wife denied bail - Aug 30, 2012
- Kanda to face police questions for 7 days (Second Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- CBI seeks fresh warrant to arrest Nupur Talwar - Apr 18, 2012
- Court denies anticipatory bail to Kanda (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Aarushi's mother to be arrested? Search underway (Second Lead) - Apr 11, 2012