Court issues notices to Chiranjeevi in bigamy caseMarch 10th, 2008 - 10:32 pm ICT by admin
Hyderabad, March 10 (IANS) Andhra Pradesh High Court Monday issued notices to Telugu superstar Chiranjeevi and 11 members of his family in connection with bigamy case against his younger brother and actor Pavan Kalyan. The court issued the notices while admitting a petition by Pavan’s estranged wife Nandini, challenging the order of a Visakhapatnam court.
The first additional chief metropolitan magistrate of Visakhapatnam had last month dismissed the bigamy case against Pavan for lack of sufficient evidence.
Nandini, daughter of Visakhapatnam-based businessman K. Chakradhara Rao, claimed that her husband married another woman without divorcing her.
She had also accused Chiranjeevi and his other members of supporting the second marriage.
The court Feb 26 declared that there was no evidence to prove that Pavan had married his co-star Renu Desai.
Pavan and Renu admitted that they were living together and had a son but denied the charges made by Nandini.
Two more cases, one demanding alimony by Nandini and another seeking divorce by Pavan, are pending in a family court at Visakhapatnam.
Pavan is the younger brother of Telugu film industry’s superstar Chiranjeevi, who is also reportedly planning to enter politics by launching a new party.
- Telugu actor Pavan Kalyan marries live-in partner - Jan 28, 2009
- Renu Desai ties the knot with Pawan Kalyan - Jan 29, 2009
- Dowry case: Chiranjeevi's son-in-law's bail plea rejected - Mar 24, 2011
- Chiru, a superstar whose political party proved a flop (Profile) - Feb 06, 2011
- Chiranjeevi's son-in-law booked for dowry harassment - Mar 15, 2011
- 'Komaram Puli' released! - Sep 10, 2010
- Chiranjeevi's fans in Telangana vow to protect his interests - Sep 21, 2010
- Chiranjeevi's son ties knot with Upasana - Jun 14, 2012
- Can't ignore kin's evidence in matrimonial dispute: SC - Jul 05, 2012
- Probe lapses not fatal to case if guilt proved: SC - Aug 02, 2012
- 'Gandedhe' - old story, poor direction (Kannada Film Review) - Jul 31, 2010
- Five held for assaulting lawyer - May 10, 2012
- Allu Aravind files nomination for Ankapalli Lok Sabha seat - Mar 30, 2009
- Is RGV Deleting Head Tonsuring Scene From Rakta Charitra? - Aug 21, 2010
- Non-resident Indian woman jumps to death from 14th floor - Dec 18, 2011