Court issues notice to sports ministryApril 25th, 2012 - 10:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 25 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday issued notice to the youth affairs and sports ministry on directing all the sports federations to hold their elections if they were due.
The ministry has to direct all the sports bodies to hold elections whose elections were due, said the court.
A division bench of Acting Chief Justice A.K. Sikri and Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw sought the response of the ministry within two weeks and decided to next hear the matter May 9.
The court’s direction came after petitioner Rahul Mehra alleged that Archery Association of India president V.K. Malhotra was allegedly reluctant to organise elections to the sports body as his candidature will be rejected under the new age and tenure criteria.
- Court issues notice to sports ministry (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- High Court asks IOA to follow code in October poll (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- High court asks IOA to follow code in next poll - Sep 13, 2012
- Court notice to Delhi bar council - Mar 07, 2012
- Court asks Kalmadi to quit as IOA chief (Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- Court asks Kalmadi to quit as IOA chief - Mar 21, 2012
- High court declines to hear fresh plea on 2G (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Court issues notice to centre on filling UGC chairman seat - Sep 05, 2012
- Court refuses to stay probe against chess federation (Lead) - Nov 22, 2011
- Court reserves order on DU sports quota guidelines (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Consider plea for CBI probe against Team Anna: Court (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Court notice to centre on diesel-run vehicles - Jul 19, 2012
- Ban uninsured vehicles, court urged - Sep 12, 2012
- Make new rules for chess quota seats, court tells DU (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Court clears way for athletics body elections - Apr 12, 2012
Tags: archery association, candidature, chief justice, delhi high court, division bench, elections, India, malhotra, new age, New Delhi, petitioner, rajiv, sahai, sports bodies, sports ministry, tenure, youth affairs