Court imposes Rs.5 crore penalty for cheatingJune 5th, 2012 - 7:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 5 (IANS) A special CBI court here has slapped a penalty of Rs.5 crore on a private firm and awarded two years rigorous imprisonment to its director in a 23-year-old cheating case, said an official Tuesday.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) official said that in a recently passed order a special court at Saket district court complex convicted Lalit Kumar Parmar, director of Punjab Phosphates Pvt. Ltd., for conspiracy to cheat.
The court imposed Rs.5 crore penalty on the firm for cheating.
Five accused died during the trial in the case registered Nov 11, 1988.
The probe agency said that the accused entered into a criminal conspiracy to cheat the central government on the basis of forged documents and obtained subsidy on fertilizers to the tune of Rs.3.3 crore.
- CBI takes 13 years to scrutinise documents, gets court flak - Mar 04, 2012
- CWG case: Bhanot, Verma's judicial custody extended - May 05, 2011
- 2G case: Shahid Balwa gets bail, Chandolia's plea pending (Second Lead) - Nov 29, 2011
- CWG scam: Three more granted bail (Lead) - Jan 24, 2012
- 2G scam: Two Kusegoan officials seek discharge - Aug 18, 2011
- 2G scam: Arguments on framing charges from Thursday (Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- CWG street-lighting scam: Charges framed against seven - Mar 12, 2012
- Award of contract to Swiss Timing transparent, says Bhanot - Aug 03, 2012
- CWG scam: Lalit Bhanot's bail plea rejected (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- CWG scam: Bhanot calls CBI case prejudiced - Jul 27, 2012
- 2G scam: Order on charges against the 17 accused Oct 22 - Oct 14, 2011
- CWG graft: Bhanot denies financial role - Jul 26, 2012
- Rs.4.64 billion MSTC fraud-CBI nabs three - May 02, 2012
- 2G case: Notice to CBI on Reliance officials' plea - Mar 13, 2012
- CWG scam: After Kalmadi gets bail, Bhanot moves plea - Jan 19, 2012