Court hears plea for exemption from Gurgaon Expressway tollFebruary 27th, 2008 - 9:06 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 27 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday issued notices to the central and Delhi governments, the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) and the Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) on a petition seeking exemption from daily toll payment on the New Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway. Chief Justice M.K. Sharma and Justice Reva Khetarpal asked all the respondents to file their responses by March 26, the next date of hearing.
Last month, Vivek Bharat Ram filed a public interest litigation (PIL) contending that paying the toll every day would be a financial burden for those who commute between New Delhi and Gurgaon every day.
Seeking the court’s intervention, the petitioner’s counsel Suchit Kumar Sahijpal said the government should either exempt the daily commuters from paying the toll or construct alternative roads for them.
The much-delayed Rs.10 billion, 27-km expressway was thrown open Jan 23, reducing the travel time for tens of thousands of commuters and international air passengers.
- Operator charges toll at two Gurgoan plazas - Sep 05, 2012
- DGSCL files contempt petition against NHAI - Mar 27, 2012
- No toll on Delhi-Gurgaon expressway for 15 days: Court - Sep 04, 2012
- NHAI, Gurgaon expressway operator get time for talks - Aug 30, 2012
- Considering out-of-court solution on expressway: NHAI - Aug 06, 2012
- Court restrains NHAI on contract termination - Mar 02, 2012
- NHAI, private firm settle Gurgaon toll plaza issue - Jul 05, 2012
- NHAI, Gurgaon expressway operator settle dispute (Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- Two toll employees on Gurgaon Expressway held for extortion - Sep 21, 2012
- Toll rates hiked on Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway - Apr 01, 2010
- Jam free traffic promised on Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway - Sep 19, 2012
- 'Accidents rise on Delhi-Gurgaon expressway' - Apr 13, 2012
- Supreme Court to review BOT policy (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Free ride on Gurgaon expressway till Sep 25 - Sep 20, 2012
- SC declines to interfere with expressway's toll order - Sep 12, 2012